Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When should movement feel regular?

(7 Posts)
Hollyhop17 Fri 17-Mar-17 10:28:16

Hello,

I am 22+2 and I would say I have been feeling movement for nearly two weeks. However, it is random, some days nothing at all. I am just wondering how normal this is and when people started to notice a pattern?

I'm not worried as I have had a few scan lately, but just curious! I assumed once I felt movement I would l feel it all the time.

MrsJW15 Fri 17-Mar-17 11:36:56

I think it really varies. I'm now 32 weeks and I still don't have an exact pattern, just lots of movement! I definitely didn't feel regular or constant movement until probably closer to 27 weeks. Baby will still have quite a lot of space so you wont be able to feel it all.

MistressMolecules Fri 17-Mar-17 11:45:37

I'm not sure of the exact week when movement ought to fall into a pattern (I believe by 28 weeks baby should be in a recognisable pattern but every baby is different) but the kicks count website is a wonderful resource, definitely worth taking a look at.

www.kickscount.org.uk/

How many weeks are you? If you do have concerns about your baby please contact your midwife or maternity unit ASAP.

MistressMolecules Fri 17-Mar-17 11:47:19

Sorry, just re- read your post and see you are only 22 weeks so baby is very small at the minute still. However, still if ever you have concerns midwife or mat unit will be glad to check baby over .

Hollyhop17 Fri 17-Mar-17 12:50:47

Thanks both. Will look at the website. I'm definitely not worried, just wondering what others had experienced!

FeelingForSnow Fri 17-Mar-17 14:43:11

Im 31 weeks now and been struggling to detect the pattern. As above I have heard 28 and even 24 weeks but I am just about to grasp mine at the moment and still I am not sure at all.

She has had a few quiet days but it is always difficult to tell if this is a quiet day or a reduced movement day.

As most people will say if in doubt call your MAU (they start monitoring (CTG) heart beat usually from 26 weeks). I cannot praise mine enough. They have never made me feel like I am being paranoid even if I am. I think they very used to seeing unsure pregnant women.

Hollyhop17 Fri 17-Mar-17 14:49:58

Thanks Feeling. I will be 25 weeks at my next midwife appt and will raise then if it hasnt got more regular. I think it seems 28 weeks is when a pattern roughly emerges from what I've read. So a while to go yet!

I'm at Kings in London and they are amazing, so definitely wont have a problem going in if I'm worried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now