Talk

Advanced search

Faint positive after time window... HELP

(6 Posts)
roselondoner Fri 17-Mar-17 09:46:19

I'm sorry for asking a question that's probs been asked a million times before but has anyone got a faint positive AFTER the time window and gone on to get a BFP?

Lemondrop09 Fri 17-Mar-17 09:48:33

Technically a test is invalid if the result comes up outside of the time frame. You'll need to take another test, maybe in a few days

Lemondrop09 Fri 17-Mar-17 09:54:44

Sorry, what I mean is that there will be some people who got BFPs and some people who didn't. It's not really going to tell you anything. It's possible you could get a BFP, or you might not. It's frustrating, but only another test is going to tell you what's going on with you smile

knust Fri 17-Mar-17 10:24:37

My first positives only came up well after the time window, but they were the cheap strip ones, and the lines were like grey shadows, but darker than usual evap lines. A day or two later and the lines had a tiny hint of colour, but still only after about 15 minutes.

I've used hundred of then 'internet cheapie' strip tests, and had lots of evap lines come up hours or days after taking them when I wasn't pregnant, but the lines I was getting this time were quite different and more obvious, despite being inconclusive due to being out of the time window, it was a confusing time! Good luck!

roselondoner Fri 17-Mar-17 12:27:18

Thanks for the replies guys. I took it apart and saw a thin blue line but way after the time frame. Still v early I'm like 7/8dpo so I need to wait but it's so hard sad will test again in couple of days and update!

Lemondrop09 Fri 17-Mar-17 12:56:01

7 dpo!!!!! Seriously, you're going to drive yourself potty! I did this for a bit when I was first TTC and all that squinting drove me insane.

The month I got my BFP, I waited until AF was three days late then tested. I got a beautiful dark line within seconds, no doubt, no stress. I was so glad I waited.

Another reason to wait is you may have a chemical pregnancy, meaning you might get a faint positive which disappears in a few days. That can be very upsetting, and you wouldn't have known about it if you hadn't rested early. Depends how you feel personally, but I wouldn't want to put myself through that.

Pls wait until your at least 12 dpo, and try a very sensitive test like First Response

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now