Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help in Early Stages

(7 Posts)
confusedat23 Fri 17-Mar-17 06:04:52

Hey I'm 8+1 from LMP (although ov'd 3-4 days late so could be 7+4 earliest) and apart from Exhaustion and feeling more hormonal with moods etc there isn't really anything else going on!

I did have really sore nipples and achey breasts which seem to have gone pretty much over the last 2 days but other than that i havn't had any symptoms at all.

I had an early scan at 7+4 LMP (7 weeks by ov) because i had fluid on my ovary caused by Corpus Lutum which obv keeps baby alive before placenta (this fluid has now gone!) and there was a heartbeat but CRL was 7.4mm which doctor said is 6+4 so it was a few days behind

Basically i don't know what i'm looking for other than some support... i know no one can make any difference to whats going to happen but i just feel like somethings gone wrong and i'm so sad! sad

NaturWilde Fri 17-Mar-17 07:37:32

The scan dates are not far from your second estimate. So I'd try not to worry. You've seen a heartbeat and you're right, at this stage there's very little you can do about anything.

Did the doctor say there's an issue?

PlayOnWurtz Fri 17-Mar-17 07:43:16

Have they booked you in for a follow up? Sounds like my scan last week - put my dates back a week no heartbeat due to being early etc. I'm going back today for a rescan. Hope you get good news.

confusedat23 Fri 17-Mar-17 07:45:39

Thanks Natur the doctor didn't seem concerned and discharged me from the care of EPU he just said that we have gone from 25% chance of misscarriage to 4%

I just keep having dreams about misscarriage and i think this pregnancy is driving me insane lol

confusedat23 Fri 17-Mar-17 07:47:05

Sorry Play X post... but no they were happy and discharged me... i think its all in my head tbh but i'm one of 3 in my extended family who are pregnant (up to 4 months) atm and i don't think its helping me mentally lol

McBaby Fri 17-Mar-17 07:47:08

Went for first scan should have been 6+5 by ovulation dates. Scan showed heartbeat and baby measureing 6+1 which freaked me out after a miscarriage a few weeks earlier.

Went back at 10+1 by my origami dates and baby measuring 10+6 this has stayed in line with my 12 week scan and how my pregnancy is dated currently 32+4.

Early scans can easily be out a week either way as the baby is small and although they are deemed to grow at the same rate it doesn't seem this is always the case.

Good luck.

confusedat23 Fri 17-Mar-17 08:32:29

Thanks McBaby It is nice to hear a story of where something has gone well! Its hard because you only really read the bad stories at this stage!

I know a few days is only a few mm and the doctor did imply it was hard to see... but Its nice to hear you got worried too.

I guess I should take something good from being discharged from EPU to carry on with my 4% chance but I have been spoiled with scans every 1-2 weeks from 4 weeks as there was a high chance of Ectopic.

However I do wish I could just sleep through the next 4 weeks until closere to my dating scan! lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now