Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can't sleep!

(8 Posts)
Mouse14 Fri 17-Mar-17 04:53:14

I'm 22 weeks and for the past 2 or 3 I'm awake every night around 4- 430am. It's takes a good hour toget back to sleep, before the alarm at 630am sad

Before that I wee multiple times! Has anyone got any miracle cures? I can't face yet another long day at work..

jmariehac Fri 17-Mar-17 05:07:48

I'm like this now at 11 weeks....can't rmemebr with previous two how long it lasted ...it's horrible thoigh especially when that alarm goes off for work and school xx

Mouse14 Fri 17-Mar-17 05:12:12

Ugh that alarm!! Just want to sleep til 10 and then think about going to work. Can't even promise myself bed as soon as I get home as I've got a bloody ball to go to tonight and I'm driving everyone sad

I'm currently munching crunchy nut as that seems to help...

Hope this doesn't last your whole pregnancy, from 11 weeks! flowers

FeelingForSnow Fri 17-Mar-17 18:38:51

I don't want to disappoint you but I'm now 31+1 and still suffering from it. I can't remember when it started though. I think around the same as you.
My eyes are wide open and have no sign of sleep between 4am and 5am. I eventually fall asleep and then it's difficult to wake up at 7am.
It gets more difficult when you are further along as it really tires me during the day and I sometimes end up having a nap but then it means I will be awake for even longer at night.

It's crazy. This is my 3rd pregnancy and it didn't happen before.

And its every night without a fail. I have somehow accepted it though and just embrace it. I don't know what else I could do anyways. Try not to look at your phone or switch on the light etc. I found that if I do that then falling asleep takes even longer.

Xxx

Rubberubberduckduck Fri 17-Mar-17 20:28:25

I had this from 11 weeks plus all the way through. Was horrific.

However! My DD who is 4 months now sleeps like a dream (touches all wood available) so hopefully you will have a fabulous sleeper to compensate!!

Babasaclover Fri 17-Mar-17 21:05:00

I do believe it is the body's way of preparing you for motherhood. So many people told me this and I scoffed. Now have a 10 month old and she has always got up at least once in the night. Currently 4/5 times. Take co,fort in the fact that although you are awake - you can lay there and not have to deal with a baby just yet 🤡

arbrighton Fri 17-Mar-17 21:24:05

I take ages to drop off then still don't sleep late. Makes some days tough to cope with and this is first baby. Arghhhh

Big sympathy OP

iamapixiebutnotaniceone Fri 17-Mar-17 21:25:56

A bath before bed and a cup of camomile tea right before bed has helped me. Unfortunately it hasn't helped my 4 year old sleep through the night too! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now