We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mayo!!!

(16 Posts)
user1489691298 Thu 16-Mar-17 19:11:18

So I've just been to frankie and bennys and I literally forgot I was pregnant for a second and I ask for mayo! Should I be okay?

tissuesosoft Thu 16-Mar-17 19:13:48

I would think you're okay, I don't think F and B make homemade mayonnaise.

tissuesosoft Thu 16-Mar-17 19:14:21

As in homemade mayo would use raw egg but I should think they buy it in tubs

OnlyEatsToast Thu 16-Mar-17 19:14:42

Good grief. Yes.

OnlyEatsToast Thu 16-Mar-17 19:15:24

Even homemade is fine so long as eggs used are lion-marked (salmonella free) which all Uk eggs are

user1489691298 Fri 17-Mar-17 08:25:51

Hahahah I know I thought the same I sound like a complete idiot 😂 All these does and donts in pregnancy is ridiculous!

ashaj92 Fri 17-Mar-17 09:07:48

You're not an idiot, honestly all the scare monger theories you hear these days.. When me and my other half found out I was pregnant he got a bit obsessive with mayo and threw all of ours in the bin!! (Seriously lol) as long as its pasteurised and not home made then it will be fine smile x

harleysmammy Fri 17-Mar-17 15:04:29

Im 33 weeks, i just had a subway with mayo in and i've eaten chicken mayo baguettes & chicken mayo sandwiches from mcdonalds all the way through. Homecooked is the worry, they arent allowed to home cook incase one of us sues them! Dont worry x

Jellybabie3 Fri 17-Mar-17 15:31:08

Yup i had a tuna mayo sub yesterday. Mmmmmm!

n0ne Fri 17-Mar-17 16:28:14

I've just discovered liquorice is a no-no, and nearly all the herbal teas I've been drinking have it in. FFS

ethelfleda Fri 17-Mar-17 16:35:07

Driving me mad too - I've been eating feta cheese because I thought it was alright... according my pregnancy book it isn't but babycenter says it is?? I was stressing about my coffee intake too but I've gone off it now thanks to MS!

dementedpixie Fri 17-Mar-17 16:36:54

NHS does not advise to avoid liquorice but just to avoid a liquorice root herbal remedy

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2017/02February/Pages/Does-eating-liquorice-in-pregnancy-raise-the-risk-of-ADHD.aspx

dementedpixie Fri 17-Mar-17 16:38:14

Gets is ok as long as its pasteurised http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/foods-to-avoid-pregnant.aspx

dementedpixie Fri 17-Mar-17 16:38:31

Feta *

DebsOctBaby Fri 17-Mar-17 16:45:01

I've been having feta salads made up at my work every day as it's a meal I can keep down and enjoy, maybe I should skip it?!

PowerofThree Fri 17-Mar-17 16:50:18

I've been eating tuna mayo and egg mayo, just not homemade mayo. And feta, and stilton, and cooked brie. The NHS guidance is quite reasonable in what you can/can't eat and doesn't actually cut out that much (as long as you pasteurised). I have also found that Sainsbury's own brand versions of different cheeses are pretty good for stating on the back if they aren't safe to eat in pregnancy - for example their goats cheese with a mould skin (like brie) says not to eat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now