Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Extreme Tiredness, any recommendations?

(6 Posts)
MotherofKitties Thu 16-Mar-17 15:07:02

Hi all,

21 weeks pregnant with my first and I haven't slept properly in a month due to feeling uncomfortable, constantly needing to pee and pretty horrible nightmares every night. I'm beyond tired and finding it really hard to focus at work and not to snap at my other half or randomly burst into tears because of the fatigue.

Is this normal, has anyone else had/going through it, and has anyone got any suggestions or recommendations?!

Xx

NB: Already having early nights, using a great pregnancy pillow, avoiding liquids several hours before bedtime.

ILikeSalmon Thu 16-Mar-17 15:55:01

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the uncomfortable nights will only get worse.
I am up every 2 hours peeing
I can't breathe lying on my back
I have horrible indigestion
I often have constipation
My legs are so tired

The joys of pregnancy smile

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Thu 16-Mar-17 16:00:40

Being dehydrated can make you tired, so drink plenty.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Thu 16-Mar-17 16:05:42

I felt like this and was slightly anaemic, which is common in pregnancy. Have you had your blood iron levels tested? Low iron can wipe you out as your blood isn't carrying as much Oxygen. I've never experienced such tiredness!
I was given iron supplements and the difference was incredible.

MotherofKitties Thu 16-Mar-17 16:34:01

Thanks for the suggestions, I might have a word with my midwife, she hasn't said my iron levels are low but I'm so tearful from the tiredness it's affecting my work, and I'm finding it quite hard to get through the day.

Everyone said how you won't get any sleep after the baby arrives, no one said anything about not getting any beforehand 🙁

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Thu 16-Mar-17 16:44:01

That sounds awful. Maybe speak to the midwife about having trouble sleeping and the nightmares too. It might be that you have some sort of anxiety or depression brought on by your hormones?
You do sound quite exhausted and stressed! She may be able to sign you off work for a few days so you can rest.

I'm sure you've tried them, but a warm bath, no screens before bed and no big meals before going to bed or reading can help you sleep. Also a lavender pillow spray can help sleep (don't ask me how!)

Hope things improve smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now