Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

confused about preggo test

(9 Posts)
user1489659822 Thu 16-Mar-17 13:19:27

I took one on Monday; negative. Silly enough I didn't use my first pee in the morning. I have yet to throw it away as my parents would get heart failure seeing it in the trash lol!

I just went to check it and also see if I still had the other one in the pack. The old one has the tiniest faint line now in the right light (it's the one that presents as a +) - i've just been reading about evap lines but this looks right where the second line should be?

as it's days old is it completely irrelevant?? I think my eyes are playing tricks on me hahah

arbrighton Thu 16-Mar-17 13:20:58

Completely irrelevant unless the line appeared in stated time

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Thu 16-Mar-17 13:22:01

Evaps tend to be a thinner line without colour. But really results shouldn't be read after the time scale.
Test again to be sure!!

ColourfulOrangex Thu 16-Mar-17 13:30:12

I would take one first thing tomorrow morning and wait for the specified time

user1489659822 Thu 16-Mar-17 21:54:32

will do, thank you, i went and bought a first response early result one x

FellOutOfBed2wice Thu 16-Mar-17 21:59:07

This happened to me. Took a blue dye/cross in the window Style one Friday afternoon. Negative. Put it in the door of my car (took it on the way home from work in a Tesco) and drove home. At the end of the hour long drive there was something there but dismissed it as it had been longer than the stated time.

The next evening- so the Saturday, about 28 hours later- I took a first response and it came back positive. She's now almost three!!

user1489659822 Fri 17-Mar-17 15:43:07

thanks, took a test this morning, BFN, but my period isn't usually due until end of the month so I might just have to be patient!

arbrighton Fri 17-Mar-17 15:55:24

End of the month is two weeks away, far far too early to test.

Fertilisation might not even have happened yet

user1489659822 Fri 17-Mar-17 19:46:36

thanks smile my boobs are more sore and tender, plus more veiny (sorry TMI) than they usually are before a period. I've also been getting random joint pain and have been in a horrible mood all day...the cruel thing is that AF symptoms look like the same as early preg symptoms!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now