Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Scared.....

(5 Posts)
user1489667295 Thu 16-Mar-17 12:31:26

So my closest friend who's 4 weeks further on than me, has just told me that her scan has shown she's high risk for Down syndrome and she's considering termination.
I have my scan in 2 weeks and I now feel sick with worry that it's going to hapen to me sad

NisekoWhistler Thu 16-Mar-17 12:38:33

Chances are so slim. Worrying is like riding a rocking horse, gets you no where but passes the time

MiddleClassProblem Thu 16-Mar-17 12:38:51

There's nothing you can do about it at the end of the day. Your baby is growing how they are growing. All you can do is get all the information you can if you get similar news. But statistically it's not that common and medically/socially their lives can be wonderful and full as any other child's can. It comes in a different levels too and even if they have it you can't plan how it will be until you have them, just be prep and learn.

Just try your best to not think about it as there is nothing you can do about it anyway at the mo.

ColourfulOrangex Thu 16-Mar-17 12:39:57

Hi, sorry to hear you are worried but the percentage of you having a high risk too is very little and even if it is a high risk it doesn't necessarily mean baby will have downs syndrome, try not to worry

Sonnet18 Thu 16-Mar-17 19:31:56

It's funny how we always focus on the negatives, isn't it? Just think of all the healthy scans you have heard of and try to focus on those. Statistics are in your favour that your baby will be fine. Try not to worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now