Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cold treatments

(4 Posts)
sweetchilli77 Thu 16-Mar-17 10:47:49

Can anyone recommend anything can take for a cold, ive not split at all for 2 days due to not being able to breath as I'm so congested and coughing , plus you usual pregnancy malarky of peeing and painful hips etc.

My aches and pains are exacerbated by my cold and I'm exhausted.
Ive took a bit of simple linctus last night with regular paracetamol but i feel dreadful.

Can i take anything? I'm 34 weeks

ninjapants Thu 16-Mar-17 10:52:30

Paracetamol, saline nasal spray to unblock your nose (speak to a pharmacist for recommendations) and Vicks vaporub or similar on your chest or a cloth hanky. Steam yourself over a bowl of very hot water with a towel over your head at least twice a day, the steam helps kill the germs and decongest you, and you get the added bonus of a mini facial! I also took Manuka honey as it has antiseptic properties, you can dilute it in tea or warm water.
It's rotten having a cold when you're pregnant, I hope you get well soon flowers

sweetchilli77 Thu 16-Mar-17 10:53:30

not slept not split....bloody autocorrect

JessieMillz25 Thu 16-Mar-17 12:53:41

I'm 34 weeks with a cold. And I was feeling rotten enough already! Hope you feel better soon flowersflowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now