Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

hmm, any help?

(15 Posts)
user1489659822 Thu 16-Mar-17 10:26:09

Hi guys, any help would be much appreciated smile

I am on cerazette and have been for years. Since last Friday evening I've had weird symptoms. I got really bad period type pains which woke me up, and I just assumed my period was on the way. However, I haven't had any bleeding or spotting. I still keep getting random waves of cramps; most nights they wake me up.

I am also getting random waves of nausea once or twice a day. My boobs are sore too and the right boob is a bit veiny (but I get sore boobs before my period usually)

Since yesterday I have felt like I have a cold and am snotty and tired. I went to the hairdressers yesterday and was sweating just sitting there!

I have a reduced appetite; this morning I can't face breakfast and have just had a pack of vegetable crisps so far. I feel a bit sick just writing this too haha.

I am bloated even in the morning when I usually have a flat-ish tummy, but I have IBS so I can randomly bloat up sometimes!

I took a test on Monday; negative. I mentioned it to my doctor on Tuesday and she said to re-test again in about a week just in case.

I really can't tell if my period is on the way or if I am pregnant! And ironically I think the anxiety/uncertainty about it all is making me feel more ill haha. Any thoughts/advice?

Ourbabby Thu 16-Mar-17 10:47:24

Hi smile your symtoms are all pregnancy symptoms. But also a sign your period could be coming.

I had the exact same sort of symtoms when I found out I was pregnant but I got a positive straight away.

Was it too early to teSt, have you actually missed your period yet?

I waited till a week after my missed period and got a positive.

Hope you get the result you want xx

user1489659822 Thu 16-Mar-17 11:02:20

thank you lovely. Unfortunately I don't get regular periods so I have no idea when I'm due. The only differences are I've never had period pains wake me up without bleeding, and I don't usually get waves of nausea on my period. Also, I usually want to eat more, not less! So far I've managed scrambled eggs, a banana and a pack of veggie crisps, normally I'd be hungry for lunch by now lol!

flippin' hormones...

Ourbabby Thu 16-Mar-17 11:16:46

That's exactly how I was before i found out I was pregnant. Especially the food aversions and waves of nausea! My boobs hurt way more than than they would on a normal period too. I would do as the doc says and test in a week. smile

user1489659822 Thu 16-Mar-17 11:20:05

thank you smile

I'm so confused. Every time I pee I'm manically checking! I didn't think I wanted a kid at the moment but I can't help but think if I get my period I'll actually be sad sad

ashaj92 Thu 16-Mar-17 11:35:42

I'd get a first response early detection test. My cycles were long (35-40 days) and I never really knew when I was due to come on, took a first response test (roughly around the time I thought I might be due) and got a definite positive. A cheap test the same day was so faint I could barely see it.
Good luck!! smile x

ashaj92 Thu 16-Mar-17 11:36:31

Meant to add I had pretty much all the same symptoms as you, except I was eating a lot more not less grin hungry all the time! X

user1489659822 Thu 16-Mar-17 11:48:27

I can't tell if it's the stress/anxiety making me feel sick or the hormones! haha

ashaj92 Thu 16-Mar-17 15:47:46

To be fair I didn't start feeling sick until I approached my 4th week but everyone's different. I'd do what your doctor said and try and give it another week before you test again, and use a sensitive type.
Hope you get the result you're hoping for x

user1489659822 Thu 16-Mar-17 21:52:00

thank you x

user1489659822 Fri 17-Mar-17 14:43:56

re-tested this morning, negative. Thinking about it my period doesn't usually come until the end of the month (if it does turn up) but it's so hard to tell on cerazette...should i wait until then to test again?

SuziePink Fri 17-Mar-17 14:58:57

How long has it been since your last period and do you keep and log of them?

user1489659822 Fri 17-Mar-17 15:31:01

I honestly don't remember. If they turn up (don't always get them on the cerazette pill) it's usually the end of the month,...

SuziePink Fri 17-Mar-17 15:47:52

Nausea and breast tenderness are side effects of cerazette so I would maybe take a sensitive test on Monday as planned and if that's negative go back to your doctor. It seems fairly common that even if a certain pill agrees with you at first after a while it might not so if you're not pregnant you might need to switch to a different one or have a break from it.

This seems unlikely, especially as I don't know how old you are, but is there any chance at all you could be menopausal?

user1489659822 Fri 17-Mar-17 15:58:53

thank you, I am 26 smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now