Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this just normal?

(3 Posts)
TinyClanger27 Thu 16-Mar-17 09:08:17

I am currently 15 weeks with DC2 and up until a fortnight felt pretty much okay - tired and no interest in savoury food but other than that fine!

For the past two weeks I feel like I have been hit by a train - I have no energy, a constant headache and stomach cramps, dizziness, an upset tummy if I do manage to eat anything and a beauty of a cold/ sore throat that just won't shift. Oh, and a kidney infection just for fun!

I hate being so pathetic and am usually never ill, but my DH is going away next week for a four-month posting and I'm terrified of feeling like this on my own with a two-year old and a FT job.

Does this just sound normal or should I see if I can get checked by the GP/ midwife? All feedback greatly appreciated!x

INeedNewShoes Thu 16-Mar-17 09:30:04

Definitely worth speaking to your midwife in case there's anything that can be done to help you and to check for anaemia etc.

I'm afraid I've felt like this for a lot of my pregnancy with no clinical cause but it might be that in your case it is something that needs treating.

NutellaLawson Thu 16-Mar-17 09:33:54

Congratulations on your pregnancy.
It doesn't sound normal. More like your immune system is fighting off something on top of dealing with the pregnancy. Not necessarily anything serious. Remember that your immune system is suppressed at the moment to stop your body rejecting the little stowaway. Hence the cold sores and feeling run down.

If I were you I would go to the GP but they may wave you off with a 'that's pregnancy for you' (some people really do have a rough time with pregnancy. It might not be an illness but to some it can come with all the symptoms of one).

I'd go to rule out anything obvious or serious. If it helps, I found things tough until 22weeks and I suddenly felt great (for a month and then I got tired again) the baby at the end is worth it though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now