Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this normal at 32 weeks?

(6 Posts)
beansbananas Thu 16-Mar-17 08:54:54

Hi all, hoping for some reassurance or advice! Im 32 weeks pregnant and have had terrible sickness and heartburn throughout my pregnancy. However in the last 48 hours I'm experiencing other symptoms alongside my usual sickness. Last night I had a bit of an upset stomach (sorry tmi but it wasn't diarrhoea, more unsettled and had to go to the loo a few times in the space of a couple of hours). Anyway I'm also feeling extremely tired, experiencing hot flushes (woke up in the night covered in sweat) and this morning I have a dull ache in my pelvis, which feels similar to the way I feel when my period is starting. The baby is still moving, so I don't think there's anything wrong from that perspective. But yesterday I just felt off all day at work. I couldn't concentrate and thought I might pass out at times from the heat! I'm probably worrying over nothing as the baby has grown a lot in the last couple of weeks, so it's prob down to a surge in hormones. But it would be really helpful if you could share any similar experiences at this stage in your pregnancies! Thanks.

Starduke Thu 16-Mar-17 09:02:50

It could also just be that you've picked up a bug, unrelated to the pregnancy.

I would still contact your midwife to put your mind at rest.

beansbananas Thu 16-Mar-17 11:09:23

Do you think it's worth calling them? I don't want to waste their time!

Starduke Thu 16-Mar-17 11:12:42

I honestly don't think anyone would consider it a waste of time.

If you've had sickness and heartburn throughout your pregnancy (like I did - for both of them!) then you've probably gotten used to feeling rubbish but soldering on anyway. I know I did until my mum literally forced me to see a Dr, at which point I got signed off work for 2 weeks....

What's the worst that can happen? They just tell you that you're fine, baby is fine and just to have a rest. which is actually a pretty good outcome smile

beansbananas Thu 16-Mar-17 13:41:17

You're right! I will give them a call. Experiencing uncomfortable / slightly painful Brixton hicks now too, so I guess I should check in with the midwife just to reassure myself this is all normal!

Avebury Thu 16-Mar-17 14:22:05

Having had two early babies myself you should definitely call them. Obviously could just be a bug but if it is labour then you want to get to hospital in time to have steroids for the baby's lungs. All the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now