Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fucking stupid shitty fucking HG

(5 Posts)
peaceloveandbiscuits Thu 16-Mar-17 00:00:51

!!! Pathetic pity party warning !!!
Don't read any further if you can't be arsed with whiney whingey losers like me.

I'm fed up of it! I'm nearly 29 weeks and still throwing up every day, sometimes two or three times, completely randomly. I get ten seconds warning if I'm lucky, but am usually already retching while running to the toilet/sink or fishing a plastic bag out of my handbag.

None of my friends had much sickness at all with their children and find it really difficult to empathise with me, so I just don't talk about it, bar the occasional "so are you still feeling sick?" "Yes, still sick" <head tilt smile>. Even my mother, who declared that she had horrendous sickness, was only poorly for 16 weeks. It baffles her.

My 2yo does a brilliant impression of me heaving with accurate sound effects. I was exactly the same with him, but at the time I thought it was normal. Then I thought perhaps it was because I was in a physically demanding job and doing too much. Now I know it's just the way my body deals with pregnancy.

At first I was afraid to leave the house because I was always sick in the street (into a bag) and was afraid people would think I was ill or drunk or just plain minging. I got better when it eased off from 5/6 times a day to just 1/2, but now I'm feeling depressed about it again. I spent money on ingredients for a lovely dinner tonight and chucked it all up straight after. What was the point. Now I feel too sick and sore to sleep.

And my bladder won't leave me alone. Why did I ever decide to have a second? sad

conkerpods Thu 16-Mar-17 00:03:49

You poor thing. I hope the last few weeks whizz by flowers
I only had 'normal' morning sickness tip about 16 weeks and that was hideous. Especially when on the train and tube. Grim

drinkyourmilk Thu 16-Mar-17 07:50:59

Rant away! I'm 37 weeks and still vomiting every other day. It did start to ease for me around 32 weeks, hopefully it will for you too.
Are you taking any meds? I found I had to try a few before I found one that worked for me, and even then I sometimes bring it back up, so have another type just incase I need it. (I mainly take ondansetron, but also have cyclizine on stand by. Cyclizine on its own isn't enough).
I've also found taking omeprazole to ease reflux helpful.
HG is utterly shit and miserable. There's a support thread on here somewhere specifically for those of us suffering.

peaceloveandbiscuits Thu 16-Mar-17 09:42:35

I dropped off eventually. Woken up with those lovely red pin prick marks all over my face from broken blood vessels.

Yeah I went early on and had cyclizine and promethazine but both had unbearable side effects (although both stopped sickness brilliantly) and, well, you know how it is with a toddler and HG and not having the energy to try and get a GP appointment. I've got one booked for 31 weeks so will ask then if it's still horrible.

I was on the HG thread for a long time but felt I was bringing them down. Suffering with MH stuff as well, so I'm quite the pariah.

Rockandrollwithit Thu 16-Mar-17 09:45:19

Definitely rant away! I'm 13 weeks and signed off work for a week after being in hospital. I'm hoping I'll be lucky and it will ease off sooner rather than later.

Have you tried metoclopramide? Cyclizine did nothing for me but this has been great so far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now