Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

8 wks pregnant, no sex drive!!

(6 Posts)
Missonhartbaby Wed 15-Mar-17 22:08:48

Hi lovely ladies!! So basically as the title says I'm about 8 wks pregnant and am seriously not feeling in the mood at all, we've only had sex once since I found out I was pregnant. Is this normal?! And does it pick up? Because I know my OH would like to at least get some now before our little been arrives!!

Creatureofthenight Wed 15-Mar-17 22:10:55

It's normal for some people - I certainly wasn't up for sex in between vomiting. It might change, it might not, pregnancy affects us all in different ways.

Timeforabiscuit Wed 15-Mar-17 22:13:42

Your hormone levels will be going crackers for a good few weeks yet, but no, it wont last and may well swing very dramtically in the other direction.

Lemondrop09 Wed 15-Mar-17 22:14:10

No idea. I've been vomiting severely sick week 5 and haven't got out of bed in weeks! So sex is waaaaaay down my list of priorities.

Tbh, even if I wasn't so ill, I'd personally wait until the first trimester had passed and the pregnancy felt properly established with a placenta in place. It's supposed to be absolutely fine to have sex at any point during a normal low risk pregnancy, but knowing that IVF clinics tend to advise in abstain in the first trimester was enough to put me off. But then I'm a worrier!

8 weeks is very early and you're going through a rollercoaster of changes and hormones, I'm sure you'll fancy it at some point, but it's a big change for your body so allow yourself time to adjust without pressure

Missonhartbaby Wed 15-Mar-17 22:23:16

Thanks everyone, I had no idea they said no sex in the first trimester with Ivf couples.... I don't think I'm worried about anything like that at all, just not feeling it! I haven't had much morning sickness either yet which I know I'm pretty lucky! Feel nauseous but nothing ever comes of it!! I hope it'll pick up abit, it's not like we were always at it like rabbits before but I feel like I'm missing the intimacy of it...

Lemondrop09 Wed 15-Mar-17 22:28:41

Well someone who went through IVF told me that's what they were told, I not sure whether that's a hard and fast rule for everyone. I think it's only advised for risky pregnancy, and like I said, it's simply me being a worrier! Sex is fine.

If you miss the intimacy, why not ask your partner to give you a nice relaxing massage? Some nice closeness, and if it leads somewhere great, and if not then you've still had some nice time together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now