We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity jeans falling down - braces...?

(15 Posts)
TileTileTile Wed 15-Mar-17 18:51:36

Hi

I'm struggling to get my maternity jeans to stay up. I've tried various shops, over the bum, under the bump and various styles e.g. Skinny, bootcut etc. No luck! I have no bum which I don't think helps matters!!!

Trying to work out how I'm going to get through the next few months as it's embarrassing even walking to meeting rooms in the office as my trousers slip down and I'm pulling them up constantly. Went to Tesco earlier and kept having to pull them up, if I didn't the waistband would actually be at mid thigh by the time I left the shop blushblush

Has anyone tried braces (worn under a top) to keep them up? Or any other suggestions? Xx

wizzywig Wed 15-Mar-17 18:55:46

Yeah i did. The braces kept on popping off the waistband. Sorry, i feel yr pain

TileTileTile Wed 15-Mar-17 19:00:11

Oh sad which ones did you try? I don't want to give up hope that none of them work!!

Rosetree123 Wed 15-Mar-17 19:01:09

I have the same problem sad I've got no bum to keep them up! Sooooo sick of wearing leggings, I feel your pain OP.

Semaphorically Wed 15-Mar-17 19:03:03

I gave up on maternity jeans. I lived in a pair of Seraphine over-bump trousers that stayed up.

CatsCantFlyFast Wed 15-Mar-17 19:07:31

I think it's a phase at certain parts of your pregnancy you're either not big enough or too big to fit in maternity stuff. Complete pita

The solution is Isabella Oliver treggings. Not cheap but life changing

HN42 Wed 15-Mar-17 21:14:08

It might get better in a couple of weeks? I started wearing maternity trousers when I was 14 weeks but the were all too big and slipped off my bump all day but 2 weeks later the bump seems to be big enough to hold the elastic. The best trousers I have found were in H&M - they do some skinny black trousers made of twill which I wear to work and even when all the other stuff was falling down on me, they didn't. They were a little pricey at £25 but I was running out of options as my dresses were getting too small as were my pre-pregnancy work trousers.

RoganJosh Wed 15-Mar-17 21:15:19

Are they just too big? I always had to size down in maternity.

Oly5 Wed 15-Mar-17 21:15:33

I had the same issue in both pregnancies. Never found a brand that stayed up

princessbananahammock252 Wed 15-Mar-17 21:24:37

Oh my gosh I have the same problem. I have so far only bought one pair cos I knew this would happen. No bum, so I struggled pre pregnancy with normal jeans. I'd just tighten my belt up real tight. Obviously can't do that now. I resort to wearing them only when I have minimal walking to do. Can't wait for summer when I can wear dresses instead of leggings.

ThisIsActuallyHappening Wed 15-Mar-17 21:32:29

It might get better in a couple of weeks? I started wearing maternity trousers when I was 14 weeks but the were all too big and slipped off my bump all day but 2 weeks later the bump seems to be big enough to hold the elastic. The best trousers I have found were in H&M...

^^ Yup, totally agree with this which are exactly my experiences too!

Crispyturtle Wed 15-Mar-17 21:39:49

I use braces, they're brilliant, no more hiking up my trousers every five minutes! Have had no problems with them coming off the waistband. The only minor downside is that you have to take your jumper off to use the loo, but it's a small price to pay.

helenfagain Wed 15-Mar-17 21:52:43

I am the same, no bum and struggle to keep jeans up anyway! Tesco non maternity jeggings in a couple of sizes bigger than usual ended up being my choice.

Zampa Wed 15-Mar-17 21:57:29

I solved this issue by buying maternity jeans with belt loops (H&M) and a larger than normal belt. Problem solved!

The extortionately expensive jeans with no belt loops are being sold on eBay!

wizzywig Thu 16-Mar-17 10:59:23

I bought this thing that i looped around the top button of my normal jeans and kept them up but gave space for the bump to grow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now