Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity nurse? Doula?

(3 Posts)
beansbananas Wed 15-Mar-17 12:41:40

I'm 32 weeks pregnant, and was not planning to hire a maternity nurse or any additional support after given by birth unless I really feel like I'm really struggling. However it seems that nearly all my friends have them or have booked them for the first 6 weeks. Am I being naive not to? I thought it should be a last resort to help with sleep training before I go back to work, as to be honest I want to feel confident I can manage by myself. Perhaps I'm underestimating how difficult it's going to be?!

HopeAndJoy16 Wed 15-Mar-17 16:42:00

Plenty of women cope without either. Do you have good support at home from a partner or family? If you weren't planning on hiring one, then I wouldn't go to the expense just because your friends are!! If when baby is here and you feel like you need extra support, maybe then look into it? X

LastnightaDJ Wed 15-Mar-17 19:52:54

I would love one but there aren't any where I live!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now