Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Maternity nurse? Doula?

(3 Posts)
beansbananas Wed 15-Mar-17 12:41:40

I'm 32 weeks pregnant, and was not planning to hire a maternity nurse or any additional support after given by birth unless I really feel like I'm really struggling. However it seems that nearly all my friends have them or have booked them for the first 6 weeks. Am I being naive not to? I thought it should be a last resort to help with sleep training before I go back to work, as to be honest I want to feel confident I can manage by myself. Perhaps I'm underestimating how difficult it's going to be?!

HopeAndJoy16 Wed 15-Mar-17 16:42:00

Plenty of women cope without either. Do you have good support at home from a partner or family? If you weren't planning on hiring one, then I wouldn't go to the expense just because your friends are!! If when baby is here and you feel like you need extra support, maybe then look into it? X

LastnightaDJ Wed 15-Mar-17 19:52:54

I would love one but there aren't any where I live!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: