Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy Test positive on Friday - Bleeding, still positive.

(7 Posts)
Silentnight2017 Wed 15-Mar-17 12:00:52

My mind is everywhere.

I tested positive on Friday - the Clear Blue test said it was 1-2 weeks since conception. I was 4/5 days late for my period.

Yesterday, after lunch, I started bleeding at work. Confused as to whether it was a period or not. Enough for it to look like a 'period' and filled a pad. I was still bleeding at home - but took a pregnancy test. I wasn't bleeding heavy but felt uncomfortable. But how do you differentiate different pain from period pains. It was similar. I was not in severe pain to say. I took another test last night - it still gave the same results. I still have some 'lumps' yesterday in my blood. I don't know what to think. I spoke to the Early Pregnancy Unit this morning and they said to take another test and then contact my GP. I am waiting to go for a pee. I was still bleeding this morning but less and cramps were less. I have light back pain and pain on my sides. Have I miscarried, I am so confused and upset. I was late for my period last month too, but came on after 4 days. I am too worried to look at my pad or to take another test. Do I wait for bleeding to become much less before taking a test again??

I did some vacuuming on Sunday - could this have caused anything...Also my girl still loves being clingy and falling asleep on me...though I told her for the last few days that I have a tummy ache.

I still have some light cramps, back ache.

Have read about 'chemical' pregnancy, just not sure what to think at the moment.

Littlemisssugarplum88 Wed 15-Mar-17 12:18:33

If you have miscarried the pregnancy hormone will still be in your system for a few weeks so it's pointless taking a test in a day or so.
Go back to the go and ask for your bloods to be taken. Fingers crossed for you xx

mum2be2boys Wed 15-Mar-17 16:16:41

I really hope that everything is ok. My friend had bleeding at 5 weeks and hee daughter is 14 months old now so bleeding doesn't automatically mean something bad has happened.

Unfortunately it did for me. It took almost 4 weeks to get a negative pregnancy test after my miscarriage (at just over 11 weeks) so I'm not sure doing another test will tell you much.

I'd call your gp and see what they say. When I had bleeding they sent me straight to early pregnancy unit for a scan, but it was a few weeks later than you are now.

Good luck x

DuRezidal Wed 15-Mar-17 19:55:09

I would recommend contacting your EPU and get some bloods done.

I had some bleeding just over 4 weeks and had bloods done the day after. I then had a second lot taken 48 hours later and then a follow up scan this morning.

Foggymist Wed 15-Mar-17 20:17:49

Whatever is happening hoovering or cuddling with your daughter would have no effect, hoovering in particular, that's just normal day to day life.

Silentnight2017 Wed 15-Mar-17 22:59:28

Thanks for your messages. I was told last night to to EPU, but when I called them this morning, they said I need to go to my GP and take another pregnancy test. GP said they shouldn't have done that but have got a referral letter for me.

Things are hard at home as MIL is ill in hospital and we live together. Whilst having the cramps yesterday, I had to walk home as OH was feeding LO dinner but today had to walk home as he didn't see my messages but didn't even say hello when i got home. He knew I wasn't having a good day - i went to work but still had minor cramping. And then to add it on, he got his own dinner! I said to him i always ask him if he has eaten before warming up food so what happened. Silence from him. Yesterday, though he showed some care, he was watching YouTube videos most of the night. So i ended up hugging myself to sleep and going to bed early as i felt rotton.

What is the protocol, they will do bloods? I was unsure whether to let time taken its course or to go.

I have lower back pain.

I feel so sad and confused.

Silentnight2017 Wed 15-Mar-17 23:02:59

And slight burning sensation in lower belly.

It's gone hasn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now