Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Panorama/nipt on nhs

(5 Posts)
Tigger83 Wed 15-Mar-17 08:12:12

Hi does anyone know if the NHS are offering panorama yet and what the criteria are for it? Will ask at my midwife appointment but thought I'd ask the power of Mumsnet!

GreedyDuck Wed 15-Mar-17 11:44:56

I know that a couple of my local hospitals do offer it (Whittington/UCH), but I think only if your risk comes back over a certain level (based on bloods and nt measurement).

I am hoping that I will be offered it as I'm 43 now, so i suspect my risk will be higher than they were last time (1:1700 when I was 40). Otherwise I shall just have to stump up the £400 again.

gemgems2214 Wed 15-Mar-17 11:57:10

Hey my chance cane back as 1/82 and im 25 and the hospital said it isn't allowed to use the nipt until next January. I had to go private and pay £400 for the test which came back low for everything.. Plus found out at 15 weeks im having a girl smile i think one hospital in London offers it but you have to pay as not available on NHS yet.

Tigger83 Wed 15-Mar-17 12:22:07

Thanks all!

HN42 Wed 15-Mar-17 18:12:53

I think some areas have done it as part of clinical studies/trials as my mum said her colleague was offered it on the NHS last year after her results came back high risk. My area currently has nothing available on the NHS so I did have to go private when I was given high risk results. As said above it is available on the NHS from 2018, just a pity its not now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now