Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm new looking for friends

(11 Posts)
Emma98 Wed 15-Mar-17 08:05:02

Hi all

I'm 19 and 13 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I'm single and the first of my friends to have a baby so really just looking for people who either know what they are doing or people in a similar position to share news and questions with.

Someone told me to join another site and after a couple of weeks I haven't really had many people talk to me so I thought I'd try here and see if it is better.

Please say hello if you want to

NurseP Wed 15-Mar-17 08:38:38

Hello! I am 24 weeks with baby number 2. I am 37. Don't think I know what I'm doing all the time but winging it seems to work out okay! Haha! Just thought I'd say hello back as not to leave you hanging . Off to bed now as I am the night nurse! Good night! X

Foreverhopeful22 Wed 15-Mar-17 08:41:30

Baby groups are great after baby is born I have made some really good friends.

You could try local mumsnet, that was also very handy

jinglebellmel Wed 15-Mar-17 08:48:07

Hi Emma, congratulations! I'm 30 and pregnant with my second so different situation, but have you looked if you have any local Facebook mums groups? I joined one after my first and found it much easier to make friends this way as the initial ground work was done without the awkward face to face first meetings. We then went on to have meet ups and formed some long term friendships and still see one or two 3 years on. Or maybe nct bumps and babies group?

sherbertlemon17 Wed 15-Mar-17 09:12:29

Hey Emma, also try your local Children's centre. Some places call the them Sure Start centres. I know the ones near me run Young Parents Groups so you'll be able to meet people of a similar age in the same boat as you. smile

needtobeanonforabit Wed 15-Mar-17 10:58:01

Hi Emma!
I'm a bit (lot actually!) older but also carrying my first and I can honestly say that I do not have a scooby doo what I'm doing! blush But I've had loads of really helpful advice and picked up lots of great tips on MN so I hope you will too.

Emma's diary pregnancy/baby club is something I've also recently signed up to and found lots of helpful info there (plus lots of freebies!). Would be worth having a look.

Best of luck with your pregnancy xx

user1485963128 Wed 15-Mar-17 11:25:43

Heya I'm 29 a pregnant with my 2nd child. My little boy is 2. How are you feeling with being pregnant?

JessieMillz25 Wed 15-Mar-17 12:15:30

I'm 26 and pregnant with my first. Like you I'm the first of my friends to fall pregnant! AND I don't have a clue what I'm doing! Congratulations though!

Emma98 Wed 15-Mar-17 12:17:33

Hi everyone

Wow thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I'll look at them all.

So kind of you all

X

haveacupoftea Wed 15-Mar-17 17:49:45

Hi, can I suggest you look on ante natal groups to find other women due the same month. I'm on the June one and it is really supportive and useful.

babynearlyhere Fri 17-Mar-17 09:20:41

Hi Emma, there is an app called Mush which helps you to connect with other mums and mums to be in your area. It's free and easy to use - just need to download it from the app store or Google play. It's a bit like a dating app but to find new friends instead of romance! I really would recommend it to anyone! Good luck with everything flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now