Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help! Itchy nipples

(9 Posts)
Bloopbleep Tue 14-Mar-17 21:14:10

They're driving me mad. I try scratching through my bra as they're too sensitive to scratch the skin but it doesn't work. I tried putting dermacool on them this morning but they itched thro the freeze.

Nothing is helping. Has anyone got any tips on relieving itchy nips? Please?

DesignedForLife Tue 14-Mar-17 21:40:43

Have you tried some lanolin? Or a softer bra? I love the bravissimo ones for pregnancy

Creatureofthenight Tue 14-Mar-17 21:45:05

Nothing to suggest but I feel your pain, mine have been driving me mad for most of the last 6 months of pregnancy and show no signs of stopping!

Sparklyuggs Wed 15-Mar-17 09:06:24

8 hr cream or another salve type product helps me

Bloopbleep Wed 15-Mar-17 13:00:59

I've tried lanolin, it didn't stop the itch. I have bras made of soft tshirt material too so they're not rough or rubbing. I tried salve last week but it didn't help. Looks like literally slapping them with dermacool is the best I can hope for. sad

AreWeThereYet000 Wed 15-Mar-17 13:12:31

Breast pads in the freezer then once cold pop them in your bra. Not ideal when your going anywhere without a coat as you may get damp patches as they defrost 😂 But honestly a life saving tip my friend gave me! X

witchmountain Wed 15-Mar-17 13:35:00

E45 Itch Relief Cream?

kikibo Wed 15-Mar-17 14:53:20

Can be down to hormones though, so I don't think any creams or so would help. Maybe the cold breast pads would as cold tends to numb the nerves a bit.

I get them on my normal non-pregnant cycles, though not as bad as I used to in my teenage years.

Bloopbleep Thu 16-Mar-17 14:59:23

Hadn't thought about cold breast pads. The dermacool makes them cold so not sure of that would be much different. Will try anyway. I'm desperate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now