Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Full term singleton after premature twins?

(3 Posts)
senoj23 Tue 14-Mar-17 18:32:36

I wondered if anyone else has gone full term with a singleton pregnancy after a previous preterm delivery with twins?

I had twins at 30 weeks previously, with one having a congenital condition, that we lost shortly after birth. I am now 14 weeks pregnant with a singleton and so anxious about having to go through another neonatal experience.

Would be great to hear from anyone x

HN42 Wed 15-Mar-17 18:20:26

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. Although I don't know anyone who has gone full term after having twins prematurely I do know someone who went full term after giving birth to her first son around 14 weeks early but she then went on to give birth to her second son around full term. I hope that can offer you some reassurance that because you gave birth early last time doesn't necessarily mean it will happen again. As far as I know she was just monitored more closely second time around and it evidently paid off, so hopefully the same thing will happen for you too.

QueenInsomnia Thu 16-Mar-17 13:52:14

Bumping for you.. I've had a similar pregnancy experience with twins, and I'm now pregnant again with one baby. Also curious xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now