Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else finding this really hard?

(11 Posts)
asilikeit Tue 14-Mar-17 17:05:52

2nd pregnancy and I'm roughly 10 weeks. Last pregnancy was 6 years ago and I remember why I left such a gap! I am absolutely exhausted- falling asleep is no problem but once it hits 3am I'm awake and really can not get back to sleep. My sickness is 10 times worse when I haven't slept great. Today is just awful, constant retching making me sore and exhaustion just wiped me out. I have no energy for anything at all, moving makes me feel sick and changing from cool to warm places literally knocks me off my feet.

To top it off the hormones must be super crazy today and I'm having a pathetic whinge! I hate being pregnant and feel so guilty for thinking that.

Sorry if this makes no sense- I dropped my phone yesterday and screen is smashed to pieces ! blush

han1984 Tue 14-Mar-17 17:09:29

I know exactly how you feel! I'm just over 11 weeks with my first and I can barely seem to function. Constantly being sick, feeling sick and beyond tired. It's my first so I have no first hand experience but reading on here people seem to think it might get better in the second trimester smile

Mandraki Tue 14-Mar-17 17:33:26

You're not pathetic flowers I'm 10 weeks too and I think I'm starting to come out of the other side of my morning sickness (touch wood, touch everything wood!) but for the last 6 weeks I've just been rotten and sorry for myself. It is so hard and I've felt almost ungrateful at times because I wanted this so much (and still do) and yet I'm moaning because I'm sick and tired. So, so tired. Like napping in the toilet at work tired. Waking up for 4 wees a night (and sometimes some weetabix!) doesn't help either. We shouldn't beat ourselves up, what we're doing is massive and with all these hormones we're bound to feel all kinds of weird. Be kind to yourself. Hope you start to feel better soon! You must be due around the same time as me, an October baby smile

jmariehac Tue 14-Mar-17 17:47:52

3rd child 10 weeks aswell I wake at 4am everyday....on a better note I use sea bands and this stopped my sickness I was sick all way through woth ds and dd and I also have a huge age gap 6 year between dd and ds and 7 year this time my dd will be 13 ...I did have her quite young though xx

user1483387154 Tue 14-Mar-17 17:52:46

23 weeks here and although the sickness has gone I am constantly tired, my tummy aches as it stretches and I feel a mess. No sign of the 'glowing and beauty' that is meant to occur, I have matchsticks to keep my eyes open and constant grumpy face. Mood wise I am very snappy and my patience has completely disappeared. I used to be a really patient person,

10storeylovesong Tue 14-Mar-17 18:03:22

Another one 10+6 today and feeling awful. I've had no energy and feeling like a crap mother, wife, friend and employee. I'm now taking ondansetron which means I'm only actually being sick 2-3 times a day, but still nauseous all the time. Sleeping terribly and like everyone else sickness is linked to tiredness. My shifts at work mean I'm out the house from 6-6 each day and it's killing me trying to come home and sort tea and do bedtime with a 4 year old.

anotherBadAvatar Tue 14-Mar-17 18:12:31

I could have written your post at 10weeks OP! Second pregnancy (31 weeks now) and it's hit me MUCH harder this time. Though I wasn't back to 100%, I felt a million times better by 13weeks. Definitely never doing this a third time!

LaughterisGoodMedicine Tue 14-Mar-17 18:19:40

Ladies, it does get better. Last baby was 13yrs ago, but I still remember all this. The best news is it doesn't just..start..getting..better.. it's almost as if a switch has been flipped! One minute your sick, tired etc and then just nothing! You're still pregnant BUT normal. That's was my experience and a few people I've spoken to, so hopefully yours all will be like that too smile.

asilikeit Tue 14-Mar-17 18:22:22

Thank you everyone! I know it will get better, but at the minute I just can't see the light at the end of the tunnel yet. I feel totally useless! I felt the same in my last pregnancy and don't remember it really lifting them either, I was still being sick during labour 😳 husband is being great and doing everything but still wish I had the energy to get up and have a proper tidy and clean of the house!

BembaNugget Tue 14-Mar-17 19:21:24

I'm 18 weeks and the first 3 months were horrendous. I felt so guilty because I wanted my child but I loathed being pregnant. I was constantly tired and I constantly felt sick or else I was being sick. I was hungry all the time too and not only suffering insomnia, but I was up several times a night needing to eat. THEN my anti-sickness tablets caused my panic attacks to get worse so I ended up in a really tough place.

I know it's little consolation but it will get better. Give your doctor a ring and they'll be able to prescribe some anti-sickness tablets for you. Don't hesitate to sit down and have a chat with them. They'll know what to do to help smile

einalem1984 Wed 15-Mar-17 04:24:52

Although I was delighted to finally get pregnant, I did not enjoy my pregnancy and was so glad when DD was born and I could claim my body back and eat normally again! I seemed to have every pregnancy symptom and you're right about the exhaustion! You have my sympathy, try to take each day at a time and get through it. Good luck xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now