Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Telling your other children about the new baby

(4 Posts)
stepmum88 Tue 14-Mar-17 09:57:13

I have a step son who is just 7. He has a sibling on his mothers side. Any ideas on how to make it an exciting thing. Or, how did you tell yours? X

oliversmummy26 Tue 14-Mar-17 10:58:40

I just told my DS, we showed him our scan pictures, I said "what's this?" he said they were his step-mum's pics (she is about a month ahead of us and gave him one of their pictures)...I said no...this is a baby in Mummy's tummy...his little face lit up, it was lovely!

He's almost 5 and won't be able to make it to any of our hospital scans as he'll be in school, so we're taking him to our private gender scan at 16 weeks so we can all find out together as a family if we're having a brother or a sister smile can't wait!

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Tue 14-Mar-17 11:02:15

He needs a list of important big brother duties!!
Let him choose some clothes - jeans like his for example!
Little brother/sis /big brother t shirt!
Let him help decorate the nursery - ours 'helped' paint and loved it!
Remind him tho babies go to bed early and he will be able to stay up 'late' being the oldest!!

oliversmummy26 Tue 14-Mar-17 11:20:39

Oh and I have some family left to, we're seeing them at a family birthday on Sunday, I'm going to send DS in in a "Big Brother" T-Shirt and wait for the reaction smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now