Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Break baby in a bump

(11 Posts)
Elkalv Mon 13-Mar-17 23:04:53

Hi, various parts of baby sometimes sticking out of my belly so is there any chance I might break something accidentally for him ? Like hand or leg?

Onegreatday Mon 13-Mar-17 23:09:14

How would you do that? Babies move in the womb, it's normal. They can't break themselves by moving.

Elkalv Mon 13-Mar-17 23:30:18

Well sometimes I feel baby's parts stick out down the bump, then if I bent or get out of bed quickly I think I might

Onegreatday Mon 13-Mar-17 23:36:54

They are very well cushioned in there! Normal movement like getting out of bed (not like you could do it in a great hurry, as if you are seeing limbs within the bump that's usually the later stages of pregnancy anyway) should not affect the baby at all. Maybe ask your midwife at the next appointment for reassurance.

Foggymist Tue 14-Mar-17 07:22:23

No, you can't break the baby by doing normal movements.

badg3r Tue 14-Mar-17 08:21:41

No you can't hurt them doing normal things. They are surprisingly resilient... otherwise how do they manage to get out in one piece wink

drinkyourmilk Tue 14-Mar-17 08:26:03

I hope not, because I still lie on the side of my bump in bef- and I'm 37+3!

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Tue 14-Mar-17 08:28:37

When I was pregnant with my ds I could grab hold of a foot through my bump! Was so creepy!!

Elkalv Thu 16-Mar-17 00:05:00

Thanks I hope he is not going to be hurt I would feel pretty guilty otherwise) I think even feeling baby moving doesn't make it feel real for me that I will have a baby..

Foggymist Thu 16-Mar-17 00:15:15

He's not going to get hurt by you moving, the human race wouldn't survive if baby's bones broke routinely with normal movement of the mother.

harleysmammy Thu 16-Mar-17 11:52:59

I was in hospital last week and when the midwife was checking where the baby was (he kept moving sides so the monitor wouldnt pick him up) she was pressing so much she woke him up and he stuck all 4 limbs out as if too say piss of im sleeping! I could see these four lumps but she didnt and pressed down on his leg so it went back in, i told her to mind she didnt break his bones and she just laughed and said it would take a 60 mph crash in a car for them to worry about breaking his bones and even then its highly unlikely because they're so well cushionedsmile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now