Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stretch Marks

(9 Posts)
Butterybean Mon 13-Mar-17 16:40:49

Hello all, 8+4 here and starting to think about stretch mark prevention.

Do i need to buy the bio oil stuff? I have lots of coconut oil and almond oil here, will either of these do? Do i need to combine the oil with something else?

Thanks!

ILikeSalmon Mon 13-Mar-17 16:48:35

I truly believe all of the oils etc are a load of shit
If your body is gonna be stretched no amount of oil is gonna stop it.

PotteringAlong Mon 13-Mar-17 16:50:40

Yup, nothing you can do!

ITMama1 Mon 13-Mar-17 16:53:34

I agree with salmon, I had my DS in November and developed not a single stretch mark. I believe it's down to your body and it's ability to stretch with the baby's growth.

Dilligufdarling Mon 13-Mar-17 16:55:33

Hi OP,
Just to reassure you... you may not get stretch marks. I didn't, and have had two large babies.
First pg I was religious (and spent a fortune on) bio oil. Second pg I didn't have so much time so was a bit more forgetful and probably only used it 3 times a week (if that).
So possibly the oils don't work, but there are plenty of people who escape stretch marks, even if just through luck!

TheTartOfAsgard Mon 13-Mar-17 17:00:39

Ive used bio oil in all 3 of my pregnancies but my stomach still resembles the London tube map. Waste of money in my opinion.

DinosaurFanGirl Mon 13-Mar-17 17:06:03

This BBC article is pretty useful www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38692922

Discusses on there about prevention and aftercare and how there is little evidence that anything helps.

I'm still regularly using oils because my skin gets so dry and itchy but I'm not under any illusion I'll be able to prevent them completely. X

Brussels1 Tue 14-Mar-17 22:53:24

I use the bio oil in my opinion it won't prevent them but I personally think it helps them fade and I really do think it works, I can see a difference in mine with using it.

SingingSands Tue 14-Mar-17 23:12:39

You could massage your skin with the freshly shed tears of angels and it would make no difference. It's genetics, chance, luck, Sod's law, circumstance and out of your control.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now