Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hip pain at night

(13 Posts)
FrizzBombDelight Mon 13-Mar-17 12:14:08

I am 28weeks and sleep on my side but which ever hip I am on gets very painful after half an hour or so. This leads to constant tossing and turning and a very unrestful nights sleep! I've tried all the usual pillows between legs and I also use a pillow to support my bump. This doesn't help. Anyone found anything that actually works? Tia.

Sixisthemagicnumber Mon 13-Mar-17 12:16:14

Following as I have the exact same problem.

FrizzBombDelight Mon 13-Mar-17 13:01:18

It's even more annoying because I can't just roll over, all the pillows have to come with me and be readjusted. Then I get comfortable again before I realise I have to pee confused

babymavis Mon 13-Mar-17 15:22:13

I have had hip pain from about 28 weeks, 32 weeks now and the only way I can sleep is with a wedge under my head so I'm layed on my back but about 45 degrees upright, recommended by my midwife as the other pillows were useless for me. Midwife said this was fine as I'm not layed flat on my back Xxx

FrizzBombDelight Mon 13-Mar-17 15:57:40

Oh that sounds interesting, I will give that a go. I'll need to buy more pillows first though!

McBaby Mon 13-Mar-17 16:28:32

Folded duvet under the sheet can help support you and ease the pain (among with all the pillows)!

jpeg28 Mon 13-Mar-17 16:36:44

I have had this since about 25 weeks and it hurts so much! I have the extra duvet underneath and it does help but some nights nothing helps! I find the sofa is more comfortable as it's softer!!

FrizzBombDelight Mon 13-Mar-17 16:44:10

Is the under duvet flat or propping you up somehow?

jpeg28 Mon 13-Mar-17 16:51:49

I have the duvet flat, doubled over so it's softer. For me I think it's my humungous weight bearing down on my hips! So a soft surface cushions the blow!

FrizzBombDelight Mon 13-Mar-17 17:04:34

I have a spare duvet so I'll try this first before I invest in new pillows, thanks for the tips all!

Rya2710 Mon 13-Mar-17 17:33:07

I have a wedge pillow under my back so that I can lay on my back but not completely and as weird as it sounds I've also found that laying partially on my back (with the wedge pillow) and with my feet on the bed and my knees bent helps xxxx

fruityb Mon 13-Mar-17 17:36:30

I slept on a doubled over duvet. But you have my sympathy I was in a lot of pain for the majority of the second half of my pregnancy. It was so so painful and no amount of pillows helped. It stopped as soon as DS was born. You just have to ride it out! As my bump got bigger I could support it with pillows a bit more but I remember the discomfort flowers

RedCrab Mon 13-Mar-17 17:41:12

Same here! So painful. Not really found a proper solution, and in fact have found a new fresh hell with my toddler: I have to co sleep with her part of the week when DH can't (as she still doesn't sleep through!) and if I am lying facing away from her - because it's currently more comfortable than on my other side - and she wakes, she tries to turn my back over with her grabby little hand sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now