Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Those who have experienced the difference between ovulation and implantation

(6 Posts)
earlgreysandpuppies Mon 13-Mar-17 12:14:07

Hello! Pretty much that really. If you've experienced implantation, how does it tend to differ from ovulation pains? Or how did it differ for you?

I think I ovulated a few days ago according to my app and I've had occasionally breathtaking pains since like shooting ones. And I've had waves of nausea, are all of these just signs of ovulation?

Thank you 💜

HN42 Mon 13-Mar-17 21:25:27

I don't recall having any ovulation pain but I did look for symptoms of ovulation so I knew when ovulation had happened. I did have pains which were probably related to implantation the week after I ovulated which felt like something embedding itself inside of me before I knew for definite that I was pregnant and they were shooting pains. I didn't get any nausea until after I was 4 weeks though, but I do know people who've had it as early as 3 weeks pregnant.

JanuaryJuniper Mon 13-Mar-17 21:59:32

Implantation pain felt like someone with a long pointy fingernail poking me over and over randomly from the inside and it lasted about two days! It was also located more towards my middle (not perfectly middle though) whereas ovulation was felt right around my ovary and felt like pressure building and pinching.

SiestaFiesta Mon 13-Mar-17 22:04:50

Ovulation pain happens day 13/14 for me. Sharp pain to one side, heavt ache in my crotch area, sore back, nausea. Last about 12 hours. Implantation pain is closer to when my period is due and more of a heavy dull pain in my womb, feels more like a period. I had implantation bleeding with my second as well.

paperandpaint Mon 13-Mar-17 22:43:56

I can't remember the pain but I did have implantation bleeding for the first time ever in this pregnancy. It's my fifth pregnancy (have had 1 MMC and 1 ectopic). The biggest sign for me was pale pink bleeding/discharge which was very light and very out of character for me. Not sure if it's related but this is the most pregnant I've ever felt out of all 5 pregnancies and I've felt the tiredest and most hormonal....

confusedat23 Tue 14-Mar-17 09:44:39

My implantation pain was the same as first 2 pp it was like a really sharp needle stabbing one side of my womb... very odd pain and had never felt it before

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now