Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Double buggy help!

(18 Posts)
cheekymummy89 Mon 13-Mar-17 10:15:22

I'm due my 3rd baby this year, so I will have a 16 month old ds and a newborn. Although we're not buying one yet, just putting money away, we have been looking, we're obviously going to need a double! I use busses regularly to get my ds1 back and to from school, does anyone have any ideas on what prams would be suitable? Ideally I don't want one that's too heavy. One that has caught our eye is the oyster max 2 tandem. But I'm looking to see if anyone else can advise us of others to look at.
Thankyou smile

TheManicMummy Mon 13-Mar-17 10:31:37

I have a Hauck Duett ii - reasonably priced and great for my two who are now 29 months and 17 months x

seafoodeatit Mon 13-Mar-17 10:51:39

We've just bought a bugaboo donkey (we'll have a 12-13 month age gap) and it's doing really well as a single for now but is a little on the heavy side. The out n about nipper was our second choice, looked really practical and not too heavy.

Starlighter Mon 13-Mar-17 10:57:53

I've been through a lot of pushchairs and my absolute favourite is the city mini jogger double. It's so light and easy to push! I struggled to push tandems and other doubles.

cheekymummy89 Mon 13-Mar-17 11:01:48

I like the look of the bugaboo but a bit out our price range. The city mini jogger I have looked at, is it easy to get through doors? X

Snowflakes1122 Mon 13-Mar-17 13:46:43

I am in a similar situation, and I've narrowed it down to;

Mountain buggy duet (narrowest side by side double) or peach blossom.

miserableandinpain Mon 13-Mar-17 18:19:39

We have a mountain buggy duet. It is good. But the spare parts are expensive. We bought a second hand one 2 years ago and i have replaced every wheel bar one which needs to be replaced for baby comes. Wheels are about £30 each!

miserableandinpain Mon 13-Mar-17 18:20:19

My 2 friends have an out n about i think they are called and are quite good too. Deoends if you want kids next to each other or 1 up 1 down

MrsGsnow18 Mon 13-Mar-17 18:22:21

Oyster are doing a new one called hybrid that is supposed to be lighter. I was shown it last week when we went looking, I wasn't specifically looking for a tandem or double though so didn't pay too much attention.
Pushchair expert website is very good for reading reviews on though.

sweetchilli77 Mon 13-Mar-17 18:47:24

ive just bought an Icandy peach Blossom, expensive yes but its practical and fits in my car and i can also clip the car seat on too.

I will have 2 under 12 month.....(don't even ask)

JohnLapsleyParlabane Mon 13-Mar-17 18:57:10

Round here double buggies are almost all Phil and Teds

TheTartOfAsgard Mon 13-Mar-17 19:02:51

I had a mamas and papas aria twin for my two with the same age gap.

InsaneMummyOfThree Mon 13-Mar-17 20:54:45

I will second the city mini jogger, Iv had mine for four years now and it's been a brilliant buggy. It goes through most door ways even the local corner shop so is very narrow. The newer versions can have carry cots and carseats attached if u wish but mine doesn't and it's never been a problem. The seats fully recline so with a cosytoes and blankets my newborns have always been snug. I love how far the hoods come over and on the odd occasion that iv been caught out with the rain and not had the rain cover they have been brilliant. Iv never taken it on public transport but I should imagine it would fit. If I was looking today I would also consider the mountain buggy duo. My friend has this one and it looks incredibly easy to use. Maybe go to a large baby shop and "try some out" if you can. I had 12 months between my first two then 18 months between my second and third. The baby jogger has been an absolute work horse and at one point I had my newborn and 18 month old in the pram and my 2 1/2 year old sitting on the handle bar!!!! ( I know, I know but sometimes needs must). Good luck for your new arrival. Xx

HN42 Mon 13-Mar-17 21:00:16

I have been looking for advice on the same thing as I'm having twins - I messaged an old colleague who I knew had a double buggy (the bugaboo donkey which is also out of my price range).

She recommended that if you want a double buggy that should get through all doors that the mountain buggy duet is one that you should look at (66cm wide wheel base) plus she said its really light and agile. It is similar price to the baby jogger double which has also been recommended to me, however the baby jogger double does not fit through all doors, it is 78cm wide and our front and back door are both not wide enough to fit it through, which I think might be a pain with twins so I am seriously considering the mountain buggy.

As was said above, I did read the mountain buggy can need wheels replacing but I was looking on their website and they do a set of 4 wheels for £69 that are puncture proof (I think the buggy comes with air filled tyres and the puncture proof ones are not air filled).

cuphat Mon 13-Mar-17 21:05:36

I love our icandy peach. Have used it pretty much daily for coming up to two years so it has been worth every penny. Doesn't take up much room and we find it so easy to push. Can also be easily converted from double to single and back again as required.

ruthieruthuk Fri 17-Mar-17 23:29:09

I have the iCandy peach and can't rate it high enough, although it is a bit bulky when folded its great on buses etc.. if u don't want to spend a lot u could always look at getting one second hand x

verytiredmummy1 Fri 17-Mar-17 23:47:49

I have a mountain buggy duet with my two (16 month age gap) and it's great although is starting to get a bit cramped for my eldest. It's really narrow though and easy to push too

miserableandinpain Sat 18-Mar-17 07:41:49

hn42 thanks for that tip. Will have a look

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now