Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hiccuping less

(4 Posts)
Helbelle75 Sun 12-Mar-17 19:32:15

My little one has been very hiccupy from around 25 weeks. 3 or 4 times a day. I'm nearly 36 weeks now and baby only had hiccups once yesterday and none today.
Movement has been fine and I know hiccups aren't classed as movement, but just wondering if anyone else had this and any idea why?

BusyBee1989 Sun 12-Mar-17 20:57:12

You're not alone, my baby was the same - hiccups 4/5 times a day from about 30 weeks then down to 1 or 2 at about 36 weeks, but movements otherwise good. I'm now 39+3, a couple of days ago she got them 7 (!) times and not really had many since. Mentioned to my MW who suggested just lots of growing and practice breathing, nothing to worry about, but baby could have hiccups a lot when she's born. My H had the hiccups for a week when he was a newborn, so looks like we'll end up with a v hiccupsy baby....if she ever feels like making an appearance!

Helbelle75 Sun 12-Mar-17 21:37:59

Thanks for replying. I like hiccups- they make me laugh - so I hope they make a reappearance! It makes sense about the practice breathing.
Hope your baby makes an appearance soon as well!

BusyBee1989 Sun 12-Mar-17 22:23:17

Just after I posted she got very vigorous hiccups so obviously trying to make a point! I find them quite funny too, just not so much when they wake you at 4am. Good practice for what's looming though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now