Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any ladies with high BMI pre pregnancy - weight gain during pregnancy

(8 Posts)
Sweetpea86 Sun 12-Mar-17 17:01:43

Hi ladies,

my bmi was 36 when i fell pregnant, im 30 weeks now and only gained about 7lbs, about 2 weeks ago but last coulpe of weeks feel huge. i dont really have a bump i just look fat.

is there any ladies who had higher bmi what was your gain?

i know i sound silly but my last pregnancy 3 weeks later i was 3lbs bigger that before i was preg but my maternity leave i gained 3 stone and had really bad post natel depression ive spent the last 3 year people telling me ive let my self go etc and its reallly affected me. i need to make sure this maternity to not gain any weight and lose a little.
health wise mainly but for my santiy to lol

TheBookOfLoveIsLongAndBoring Sun 12-Mar-17 17:06:33

My BMI was 34- I lost a stone in pregnancy.

drinkyourmilk Sun 12-Mar-17 17:14:18

My bmi was 35 before falling pregnant. I haven't put on any weight at all (weighed last week), I'm 37 weeks.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 12-Mar-17 19:13:31

Also 35 and I've gained 10lbs tho bubs was 6lbs of that at last weigh in

Tho suffered from hg badly and prob should have gained s lot more but so sick

LozzaRoseMumOf3tobe Mon 13-Mar-17 10:33:42

My bmi pre pregnancy was/is horrendous at 44, I'm now 39+ 2 and put on 10.5lb- still in my normal clothes!

couldntgiveahashtag Mon 13-Mar-17 10:47:04

I put on 2st in my third pregnancy I was 36 BMI and I ended up having pre-eclampsia which I never had in my two pregnancies before and all three of my children have the same Dad, Doctors were baffled and then were quite frank and said that this is probably happening because of my weight. My son is now 4.5 months and I still need to take 5 blood pressure tablets and go to the doctors once a week!! If it makes any of you think twice about that yummy craving for chocolate- please don't end up like me. My baby nearly died, I had to be induced and I am suffering consequences still. Doing slimming world now wish I had done this in my pregnancy! Good luck xx

couldntgiveahashtag Mon 13-Mar-17 10:47:04

I put on 2st in my third pregnancy I was 36 BMI and I ended up having pre-eclampsia which I never had in my two pregnancies before and all three of my children have the same Dad, Doctors were baffled and then were quite frank and said that this is probably happening because of my weight. My son is now 4.5 months and I still need to take 5 blood pressure tablets and go to the doctors once a week!! If it makes any of you think twice about that yummy craving for chocolate- please don't end up like me. My baby nearly died, I had to be induced and I am suffering consequences still. Doing slimming world now wish I had done this in my pregnancy! Good luck xx

HandbagFan Mon 13-Mar-17 10:51:36

My BMI was close your yours, OP. I went to 42+1 and gained 12lbs, which were gone 10 days after DS's birth, along with another 6lbs with in another week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now