Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Antenatal classes in london

(5 Posts)
Elkalv Sun 12-Mar-17 14:35:56

Hi I am trying to chose one and looking into alternatives to nhs. They come up quite pricey but are they worth it? I am considering lulubaby, bump and baby and the bump. If you have experience or booked one please let me know your thoughts or ideas, or perhaps there are others?

Fabsmum Mon 13-Mar-17 10:23:29

NCT?

Bump and Baby like to make mileage out of the fact they're not NCT, but half their teachers are NCT trained and are still working for NCT. That said, the 'trimmings' are nicer for Bump and Baby because it's a private company and they don't use most of your fee for charitable causes like the NCT does. So better biscuits and nicer venues....

Because NCT does high volume classes in London they can group very closely for due date and location, which is great if you are keen to have a peer group for afterwards.

LHReturns Mon 13-Mar-17 11:24:17

I did The Bump Class for my first (Marina Fogle and her sister) and I loved it. I also made lots of lovely friends who I've kept in touch with, and most of us have supported each other through the birth of their second babies.

AnoiseAnnoysanOyster Mon 13-Mar-17 11:41:46

I did Nct and enjoyed it, it was good to meet other parents and us mum's met up quite a lot whilst we were still pregnant and afterwards.

Elkalv Mon 13-Mar-17 22:52:00

Ah nice , I didn't look at nct classes, but looks like it's much cheaper and takes contributions for charity and has lots of dates and locations. I will look more into that! Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now