Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nappies

(31 Posts)
DinosaurFanGirl Sun 12-Mar-17 10:33:13

Hey there, so my mum wants to start buying baby nappies to help with the cost of it and I was wondering which ones are best to get? I noticed Asda home brand are like 3 times cheaper than Pampers but are Asda ones actually any good? Are there other makes you'd recommend?

Thank you x

Jessiecat27 Sun 12-Mar-17 10:36:32

Everyone I know raves about aldi's mamia nappies compared to expensive brand ones!

Neve77 Sun 12-Mar-17 10:36:35

I heard Lidl or Aldi work really well. Can't remember which one though! I need to start stocking up as well

SockQueen Sun 12-Mar-17 10:40:55

Different ones fit different babies better, so I would advise against stocking up all one brand in case your baby doesn't suit them!

We had leaks continually from Pampers size 1s, but Ocado and Boots size 1 were fine. DS is now in size 3s overnight (cloth in the day) and we are back to Pampers with no issues.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Sun 12-Mar-17 10:42:00

Asda 3 pack for £10 are great. . In the early days you may only get as far as the tabs fastened between changes anyway!!
On to asda pull ups now and still pleased with the results!!

raviolidreaming Sun 12-Mar-17 10:45:52

We've been using Aldi's with no issues - and they're about a quarter of the price of Pampers!

GirlElephant Sun 12-Mar-17 11:23:48

I liked Aldi & Lidl but at different sites preferred one over the other. DC is currently in size 4 & I prefer Lidl. But her wears Pampers at night as he spells through & it means he rarely has leakage

GirlElephant Sun 12-Mar-17 11:26:09

Ps agree with not stocking up even once you find them suitable! My DS moved from stage 1/2 and 2/3 due to fir but was well within the max size of the previous size so we would end up with too many of the old size if we had stocked up

StrawberryShortcake32 Sun 12-Mar-17 11:27:30

If you are an Amazon Prime customer you get amazing discounts on pampers. Their premium protection range are the best. Stay away from baby dry, I've found that they leak alot.

sweetchilli77 Sun 12-Mar-17 11:31:16

My baby 1st baby was born at 27 weeks and the hospital put her in pampers micro. When we came home we tried the ALDI brand and her bottom broke down.....BUT

We have now switched to ALDI again as there where on offer for a box and wayyyyy cheaper, and ive found them brilliant if not better.

polkadotdelight Sun 12-Mar-17 11:33:56

We started with pampers, I liked that they have a yellow line down the front that turns blue when they wee, quickly changed to Aldi Mamia ones or Tesco own brand.

AnoiseAnnoysanOyster Sun 12-Mar-17 11:53:46

I have switched from Pampers to Aldi. Over the past 5 years I can tell you that Morrisons own, Asda and Aldi are great. Boots were terrible.

However you will find a brand that suits your baby. I found as they grew we changed brands. Also, don't buy loads and loads to start with as you may find they don't suit your baby at all and you have to change.

Tweetypie85 Sun 12-Mar-17 11:57:21

We were given pampers, Tesco own brand, Asda own brand and Aldi. Aldi are the best so far and we've had no leakages! Definitely try a range to see what you prefer. Don't go crazy and buy too many of one size!!

SnugglySnerd Sun 12-Mar-17 11:58:15

I rate the Asda ones and the 3 packs for a tenner are good value, especially size 1 as there are 72 in each pack.

DinosaurFanGirl Sun 12-Mar-17 11:59:05

Brilliant thank you all

eternalopt Sun 12-Mar-17 12:43:05

Yeah. Agree with all the above - we've use different brands on our different children because they suited different ones. Ask her to get some first size and then put money by instead of actually buying them - they go through the sizes so quickly (although they also go through the nappies quickly as well, so get a big pack!)

MrsPringles Sun 12-Mar-17 13:11:33

Agree with the boots one being crap. We use Asda and Sainsbury's own brand and Aldi. They're as good as pampers and half the price

justinelibertine Sun 12-Mar-17 13:14:07

Make sure you get a range of sizes. They grow so quick. We were left with so many wrong sizes.
Also, I found that non premium brands are smaller. Boots ones were weeny.

Melmam Sun 12-Mar-17 13:28:19

Ive always used aldi mamia and find them great ive a newborn and 15 month old and never had any problems would highly recommend for the price

FraterculaArctica Sun 12-Mar-17 13:31:57

Have you considered using reusables? Much cheaper in the long run.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sun 12-Mar-17 17:30:57

Don't stock up, different ones suit different babies. For my DC I just bought whatever was cheap/convenient, usually Aldi or wherever I'm food shopping. I tested about ten brands for a magazine and there was no real difference. Friends' babies were more likely to leak in some brands. Now in size 5 and DC continues to wear whatever was easy to get.

countingdown2gin Sun 12-Mar-17 21:19:09

Everyone I know raves about Aldi. But I found that with DS he was always a bit red and damp in them so we used pampers.

I'm getting a small selection of different ones this time round to see what works for baby.

divadee Sun 12-Mar-17 21:36:35

I found sainsburys and Asda ones just OK. Started leaking quite quickly but OK as a newborn when you are changing them all the time. For me the best is aldi and lidl with aldi just pipping the lidl ones. We have had no problems with nappy rash on any of them though but she is only 6 weeks.

Neverknowing Sun 12-Mar-17 21:44:57

I can only use Aldi or pampers. I find supermarket brands get really heavy and nasty!

MummyPigLovesAppleSauce Sun 12-Mar-17 22:09:02

Another vote for Aldi! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now