Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

To be interested in who's exercising?

(17 Posts)
FraggleRock77 Sun 12-Mar-17 07:30:23

Just out of interest really. I'm 16 weeks and walking on a treadmill for 30 mins a day plus doing weights. Did people think it made a difference during pregnancy or after giving birth?x

GreedyDuck Sun 12-Mar-17 08:29:26

I swam up until the day before I had my dd, and did at least 10,000-15,000 steps a day up to the end. I had to stop cycling due to SPD.

No idea if it helped, I had a c-section and my core was shot. My bp was perfect throughout though and I didn't gain too much extra weight, but that may have been because I had gd and was forced to eat healthily.

This time around I've been strength training with a trainer since last summer and I'm not going to stop cycling until forced to. Hoping that my improved core will help recovery.

Basically, it's never going to be a bad thing to maintain a level of fitness throughout if you can.

Springhassprungagain Sun 12-Mar-17 08:44:04

I am unfortunately not exercising, prior to being pregnant I was very active but severe morning sickness meant I couldn't carry on and now it's too late to try to pick it up again. I am going to try some Pilates/yoga now I feel a bit more human. Very jealous of you both being able to continue!

QueenoftheAndals Sun 12-Mar-17 08:48:11

I did 5 classes a week at the gym until I was 36 weeks, then dropped it down to 3. Stopped at 38 weeks and did pregnancy yoga everyday from then til I gave birth. Had a very straightforward birth and the weight fell off within a week, although I only put on 10lb and DC was 8.5. I think the exercise definitely helped but I was lucky not to have any sickness or other issues during pregnancy.

ememem84 Sun 12-Mar-17 09:01:36

I'm going to the gym twice a week and am doing a yoga class. And riding once a week.

Nothing different to my usual routine. I guess at some point I'll have to adapt. But for the moment I'm feeling good. Haven't put much weight on. But generally eat healthy.

Sunshinie Sun 12-Mar-17 09:16:19

I always thought I would carry on going to classes or running a couple of times a week but at the beginning I was so exhausted to the point I was falling asleep at work. Then Just as that got better I got spd and couldn't even take the dog for a walk anymore. I'm feeling very lazy and haven't dared to weigh myself. I've been doing pregnancy Pilates every week though, which is great.

kathrynelizabeth3005 Sun 12-Mar-17 09:25:33

Before pregnancy I was going to the gym 2-3 times a week and was relatively active, but morning sickness hit me hard between weeks 5 and 14 and I just couldn't keep up my routine. Unfortunately never got back into the gym and now all I do is a little bit of everyday walking (gets me out of breath something chronic now I'm 35 weeks!) and yoga on YouTube! I've put on less than a stone but hopefully going to get back into a good exercise routine once bub is here and I've recovered from the birth!

phoebe2016 Sun 12-Mar-17 09:33:01

I used to be at the gym 5-6 days a week, until i started suffering with SPD, now it's a struggle to even walk. Went up town yesterday and was in agony for the rest of the day and night sad i have had to give up my gym membership for now. Going to try swimming, see if that is possibie. Once lo is here and things return to normal, i will join another gym, closer to home and work my way back to full fitness. Luckily i have a supportive DH, who will have lo, whilst i go. I feel very down about it atm, cause this isn't the usual me!

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Sun 12-Mar-17 09:57:46

I continue doing school runs so = to 60 minutes walking a day (90 on a Wednesday) minimum & yoga exercises to help my spd. I don't drive so don't have a lot of choice re the walking. I do think staying as active as I can pays off (I have unexplained bleeding & other issues in pregnancy so am advised not to do too much). I've never put on excessive amounts of weight & have usually been back in pre pregnancy jeans with a few days to a couple of weeks.

DuRezidal Sun 12-Mar-17 10:02:57

I am a professional dressage rider so I ride up to 7 horses a day. I dropped to 3 with my last pregnancy and worked them all the way up to when I had my daughter. In fact I actually started labour when I was riding !!!

AgentCooper Sun 12-Mar-17 10:54:21

I'm almost 9 weeks and swim for 30 mins every day, as I did before getting pregnant. It's actually quite nice getting in the water and putting my head under when I'm feeling a bit grotty but if I had severe sickness I doubt I'd manage.

Todayistuesday Sun 12-Mar-17 11:46:16

I do a class three times a week, run once a week and swim once a week. Am now 20w with twins. Had SPD in last pregnancy, no sign of it so far. I just feel much better for keeping going with exercise - only at own pace and lots of rest.

theclick Sun 12-Mar-17 11:52:45

I am 8 wks so not that far but trying to stick to my usual HIIT routine, although I'm feeling lack of energy this week. When it gets bad I'll try and do yoga or Pilates to at least stretch. Aiming to not put a lot on. Let's see what happens.

LondonSkylar Mon 13-Mar-17 21:22:13

I'm at 17 weeks and still doing my normal routine of 5-6 classes per week. Normally do spin and one or two weights sessions (light weights and sensible exercises). I wanted to keep running but I simply can't. Every step hurts so listening to body and have stopped.

HN42 Mon 13-Mar-17 21:43:09

I wanted to do more exercise - I commuted to work by bike until I was 6 weeks but morning sickness and finding out I was having twins stopped that so mainly just walking when I get chance and doing yoga once a week now. Might start swimming when I get a bit bigger and less able to walk.

troodiedoo Mon 13-Mar-17 21:47:35

Gym until 30 weeks, after that just brisk walking most days. Not had backache which I think body pump has helped with. Hoping for an easy delivery too fingers crossed!

MinnieNoush Thu 16-Mar-17 18:13:57

Yeah its definitely proven to be beneficial. I have exercised all the way through my pregnancy and I am now 37 weeks. i haven't had any problems or much discomfort in my pregnancy, unlike so many other people, i can't say for sure that is because I have stayed active, but I reckon it is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now