Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Weight gain

(3 Posts)
Happyandhungry Sat 11-Mar-17 20:12:38

Hi all. I am now 35 weeks and I've weighed myself and put on 20 pounds, i thought this wasnt too bad for a first pregnancy as my sister in law put on 5 stone with her first. Is there any "normal" amount to put on? Will i put much more on over the last few weeks? I had weight to lose before i unexpectedly fell pregnant so I am asking from a health point of view not a vanity point of view. Thanks all.

redjumper Sat 11-Mar-17 21:19:04

I'm also 35 weeks and have put on 30lbs which is exactly the same as in my last two pregnancies. I know that's in the normal range. 20lbs isn't much. I lost 20lbs in the first 6 weeks after birth as that was all baby weight, fluid etc. The rest for me is fat stores which is perfectly normal and healthy of course and I lost over the next 6 months.
I don't normally put any weight on in the last 2-3 weeks of pregnancy so hopefully for both of us we're nearly at our heaviest and it won't get much harder from here!

mistermagpie Sat 11-Mar-17 21:54:02

I'm 36+5 and have put on about 30lb. Last week the midwife weighed me and told me this was normal, especially as I had a low BMI in the first place. Still seems like loads to me!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now