Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sex

(17 Posts)
CaipirinhasAllRound Sat 11-Mar-17 07:21:16

Are you still having sex during pregnancy? We're not really, have done a couple of times in 25 weeks. Not because we've made a decision not to, we're just not.
We tried to conceive for 3 years before doing IVF with our 1st baby and this baby was a frozen embryo transfer so there was no sex required in making this one! We had so much sex when TTC I think I went off it!
Feel bad for DH and know I need to make it happen more

chelle85 Sat 11-Mar-17 08:13:04

We've not had sex at all since finding out and are now 17wks. I felt rotten with nausea and exhaustion up until 14 weeks and then have had some bleeding so not really been in the mood. Finally starting to feel a bit more human so might give it a go before my bump gets bigger and I start to feel like a whale!! I would love to be one od those women that gets a massive sex drive boost in second trimester but can't see that it is going to happen any time soon!

SarahOoo Sat 11-Mar-17 09:24:53

I'm 36 weeks and I have more fingers on my hands than the times we've had sex since conception! At first i was constantly tired, then the sickness lasted until 17 weeks, then norovirus, then more sickness. We then decided to and couldn't get around the fact it wasn't just the two of us....we are totally both fine with it! Hehe!

Foncy87 Sat 11-Mar-17 09:26:17

I'm 17 weeks and we have had sex a few times a week since I found out, although last time I had some spotting afterwards. I called the midwife and she said not to worry, but obviously I did! Ive had nothing since so hopefully all is ok but I think I'll ease of the sex! X

Helbelle75 Sat 11-Mar-17 09:28:19

No go zone round here. feel sorry for dh but so tired, sore boobs and now the size of a house. It's just not gong to happen!

Spam88 Sat 11-Mar-17 09:49:49

I'm so glad to read this thread, everything else I've read suggests all other pregnant women are rampant lol. Frankly I was too tired in the early days and now I have PGP and can't imagine anything worse than my pelvis being bumped against. I don't even know how we'd do it...I'm huge and can't really move without help lol. We've only had sex once since we found out and actually it freaked him out a bit anyway so I think he's quite happy to wait (although I imagine his reaction if the baby started kicking during sex would actually be hilarious).

MamaTT Sat 11-Mar-17 10:06:01

In the first trimester I couldn't keep my hands off DP, despite the nausea. I was jumping on him at every opportunity, poor blood. I'm 22 weeks now and my libido has dipped a little but still DTD 3 times a week, maybe a bit more. It doesn't freak either of us out, but perhaps will when I'm a bit bigger.

raviolidreaming Sat 11-Mar-17 10:25:31

We had so much sex when TTC I think I went off it!

This was me! We didn't have sex from finding out I was pregnant at 5 weeks until I was 40+ weeks and trying to induce labour / thinking we should do it once more before I pushed a baby out in case things were never the same again in that department!

(It didn't work and I ended up having a c-section, so I'm glad it was just the once! grin )

Tilly2017 Sat 11-Mar-17 10:59:23

I couldn't bare being touched during first trimester but from week 16 I'm jumping my partner every chance I get.

Mumtobe12 Sat 11-Mar-17 11:17:54

I'm 26 weeks and have had sex a few times would like to more but it not working so well with bump so finding other ways to satisfy each other which seems to be working.

lemureyes Sat 11-Mar-17 11:28:04

I'm 21 weeks now and did go through a real phase of trying to jump on my poor hubby! Probably around 13-19 weeks.

Calmed down a bit now as husband is not over keen (well as much as I am but that's always been the case between us) although we did DTD this morning 😉

JessieMillz25 Sat 11-Mar-17 11:54:45

I was never much of a sexpot to begin with, we always joke it was a miracle this baby was conceived naturally blush! But now I can't even be bothered to make the effort for poor OH. I'm hairy and huge and veiny and in pain! I can't imagine he wants to have sex with me either actually!

SuperUnicorn Sat 11-Mar-17 16:07:34

I'm 32 weeks, we are having slightly less sex than pre pregnancy (mainly as I can't stay awake) but still having it pretty much whenever we want it. My sex drive doesn't seem to have changed much at all (usually high). We have had issues with recurrent mc but were told sex had nothing to do with it so have carried on as normal. My husband doesn't have an issue with baby being in there and says he still finds me attractive, which is nice to know when some days I feel like I've been beached!

SelfObsessionHoney Sat 11-Mar-17 16:09:16

We're still shagging, not as much as before the pregnancy, I'm 23 weeks. We're probably having sex once a week or so depending on how I'm feeling.

WantingBaby1 Sat 11-Mar-17 16:29:26

We've had sex around 4 or 5 times since finding out 15 weeks ago. We dtd so much in trying to get pregnant that I think we were both a bit exhausted tbh! I'm 19 wks now and have a fair bump so not sure about the logistics anymore blush I don't fancy doing the karma sutra!

abbiebunn Sat 11-Mar-17 23:10:39

Still having sex. 3/4 times a week. Would be more if we had the time! When I was pregnant last time we were having sex up until the day before my c section!

sweetchilli77 Sat 11-Mar-17 23:14:46

Im 33 week and still waiting for this surge of being highly sex....Ive done in about 5 times if that since being pregnant and to be honest the last time i was SO uncomfy.....Id rather have a cup of tea smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now