Talk

Advanced search

Should I tell work?

(7 Posts)
Jessiecat27 Sat 11-Mar-17 02:53:40

Hi ladies, so after three bfp's, I've worked out I'm around five weeks and haven't seen gp or midwife yet (will be ringing first thing monday) I'm just wondering whether to book an appointment and then tell my boss straight away? I work for a large company and we have always been told that they can make arrangements so there's no heavy lifting involved etc, I'm a bit worried about saying before I even have an appointment but at least then I'll get paid for it and I can swap my job role slightly so I feel a bit safer. What did everyone else do?

DarcyParty Sat 11-Mar-17 06:59:25

Hi Jessie! Congragts on the baby! flowers I'm 5 weeks and I told work as soon as I found out ( only management though ) my work involves lifting heavy boxes and going up ladders, etc.

They did a risk assessment straight away and told me to not do the ladders or any heavy lifting or running around. ( I'm notoriously clumsy as well haha )

I feel more protected now, they can't change my contract or make me redundant and say they didn't know I was pregnant. Plus I'm going to get my maternity uniform sent in straight away because I've bloated to hell haha.

Congrats again, exciting times! flowers

10storeylovesong Sat 11-Mar-17 10:22:15

I told work straight away as I'm a police officer so needed to go on restricted duties. It felt like tempting fate but it's worked out for the best as I've been so sick and they've changed a lot of my shifts to help me.

Jessiecat27 Sat 11-Mar-17 12:55:25

Oh thankyou ladies and congratulations! You've put my mind at ease a bit now about telling them (:

PossibiliTea Sun 12-Mar-17 18:23:30

Congratulations! It's also worth telling them so you can get your paid time off for appointments etc smile

Jessiecat27 Sun 12-Mar-17 21:13:36

Thank you! That is another reason I want to tell them, I have had a few other appointments recently for other reasons and I don't want them to think I'm taking the mick confused I'll tell them tomorrow and try and get an appointment sorted too!

Mandraki Tue 14-Mar-17 19:01:01

I told my boss a few days after I found out, glad I did because then I didn't have to worry about getting time off for appointments and when I did start disappearing to the loo/going outside for some air/eating at my desk etc she never questioned it. As long as she or he won't tell anyone then it's in your advantage to tell them asap I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now