Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Has anyone had the same experience and it's turned out on?

(8 Posts)
Lalfieri46695 Fri 10-Mar-17 23:34:39

Hi I'm new to the site but was wondering if I could ask if anyone has had the same experience and what the outcome has been.
According to my calculations I should be 10 + 3days pregnant right now. I had some bleeding, dark old looking blood and mentioned it to my doctor who organised an early scan. I wasn't too worried as I had this with my daughter when I was 11 weeks pregnant and she's now 21 months. At my scan about a week ago (I was 9 weeks 2 days) the baby was there but they told me i had a strange shaped sack with no real explanation if this was cause for concern but the baby was only measuring 6 weeks 1 day and no heart beat. I am due another scan on Tuesday and it really has been the longest week ever. Today I have had pint tinted mucus when wiping. Is there any hope that this baby will be ok? I'm so upset about it

Bue Sat 11-Mar-17 00:02:12

Hi OP, you should repost this Pregnancy. No one is going to find it here I'm afraid.

Lalfieri46695 Sat 11-Mar-17 07:24:35

Thank you,

passmethewine123 Sat 11-Mar-17 12:33:52

Sorry OP but it doesn't sound great, I think you should probably be preparing yourself for the worst. If it turns out that everything is ok then that's brilliant but if you're measuring 3 weeks behind and no heart beat was found then that sounds like your baby unfortunately stopped developing. Take care of yourself x

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Sat 11-Mar-17 12:44:11

Sounds like how things went for me. If you are certain about your dates then be prepared for the worst. Sorry you are going through this it's really awful. Have people around you for support and it's OK to stay home of that's what you would prefer. Keep your mw up to date with things incase you need advice along the way.

UndersecretaryofWhimsy Sat 11-Mar-17 12:44:33

It doesn't sound good I'm afraid. Unless you have some reason to think that you ovulated 3 weeks later than expected, it sounds as though the baby stopped developing around 6 weeks.

The doctors cannot tell you that for sure at first glance because the possibility that you are simply only 6 weeks along can't be ruled out at a first scan. That is why they do a second one to see if there has been any growth. But when this happened to me I knew it was over.

I'm very sorry. flowers

NotFromAJedi Sat 11-Mar-17 12:48:00

Hi op didn't want to read and run- I've had a few mmc and what you're going through is exactly what I went through every time.. I'm so sorry. I have my fingers crossed for you but as pp said I think it's wise not to have your hopes up- take care flowers xx

GreedyDuck Sat 11-Mar-17 12:51:46

I'm really sorry, but I would prepare yourself for bad news. This happened to me in December, although there was a very faint hb at my first scan I was measuring two weeks behind. I had a couple of weeks wait and more scans to confirm for definite. The waiting and not knowing is incredibly hard, be kind to yourself. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now