Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nose Bleeds

(14 Posts)
sweetchilli77 Fri 10-Mar-17 23:33:28

So another thing i didn't know was a common thing in pregnancy was nose bleeds.

Granted i am on aspirin however told this was fairly common? why didn't i know hahaha

Never had a nose bleed in my life so -shit myself - panicked when i saw the blood! BP was fine as i had an appointment that day.

Anyone else?

Allaboutthecake13 Sat 11-Mar-17 11:17:09

Exactly the same - am 35+3 and suddenly had a massive nosebleed whilst walking last week. Never had one before in my life and suddenly I had blood literally running down my face and onto my top - was terrified. According to MW my BP is actually at the lower end of normal but the sheer volume of extra blood can put pressure on the more fragile capillaries like those in your nose and that's the cause.

AmyB1986 Sat 11-Mar-17 11:17:55

Me!! Every pregnancy I've had nose bleeds. Just seem to come from no where. They usually start with me around 6 weeks and I have at least one a week. With my fist pregnancy I really worried but talking to my mw she said it's fairly common to have nosebleeds. Due to hormonal changes and increased blood flow apparently xx

Samatamfabahaba Sat 11-Mar-17 11:27:52

Kind of. My nose has gone, and this will only make sense if you know what I mean, like it does after a long haul flight. If I blow it blood will come out a bit but it's mostly just dry and feels like it needs blowing all the time. I've had a couple of nose bleeds too though, absolutely freaked me out when it first happened cos I'm not a massive fan of actual blood coming out of any hole to be honest, but they didn't last long thankfully.

sweetchilli77 Sat 11-Mar-17 16:42:39

There should be a book of "untold common things discussed in pregnancy"

I for one will be starting it with the "hell of constipation" AND "Bleeding cramp in my legs at night"

followed by the "joys of nose bleeds " hahah

Samatamfabahaba Sat 11-Mar-17 16:59:01

God the constipation... I mean... I was warned, but I had no idea the pain it can cause!

SelfObsessionHoney Sat 11-Mar-17 17:01:28

Yep. I blew my nose an out came a fountain of blood, which surprised and freaked me out!
Also if constipation is bothering you I've found that if I have a handful of dates and 2L of fluid a day I poo with ease 😂

sweetchilli77 Sat 11-Mar-17 17:15:29

SelfObsessionHoney I have exhausted every remedy going, believe me!!

The only thing that works is 60mls of lactulose a day plus bran flakes for breakfast. i have GD so fresh orange juice and fruits have gone out the window. sad

Samatamfabahaba Sat 11-Mar-17 17:17:02

Lactulose and prunes are the ones like. They're heaven sent and I'm much better now their part of my routine!

Samatamfabahaba Sat 11-Mar-17 17:17:18

*they're

Lules Sat 11-Mar-17 17:18:20

I had nosebleeds in my last pregnancy. Never had them before. I had one while I was examining an oral exam, trying to smile encouragingly at my student while mopping up blood.

SelfObsessionHoney Sat 11-Mar-17 17:28:08

sweet ah that sucks for you! Fingers crossed for pooing ease from now on!

10Betty10 Sat 11-Mar-17 18:07:19

Same! I keep waking up with nosebleeds lately! I originally thought I was getting ridiculously early hay fever.

And yes. Constipation. Oh my. Lactulose is my new favourite thing.

Scotmum83 Sat 11-Mar-17 19:42:29

Had them with both pregnancies and are really bad when my allergies are bothering me too. Mines always my right nostril. My bp is very low too, it's just one of those lovely pregnancy symptoms that disappears as soon as baby is born.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now