Talk

Advanced search

Can eating so much in one sitting send my baby to sleep??

(7 Posts)
Toobloodytired Fri 10-Mar-17 22:39:45

So recently I've been gorging on food so much that breathing is actually extremely difficult at times, ask me why I don't stop at full & il tell you because I'm a pathetic excuse for a person & cry like a child!

Anyways, I find that whenever I eat LOADS in one sitting, my baby goes really quiet for a few hours, it's like he's good drunk!

I'm 35 weeks & in the last few days, he's been nothing but active to the point he's waking me up at night as it feels like he's doing the Macarena, yet at meal times he gets tired.

Is this normal?? As a midwife always tells me to eat and drink something to get him moving but it does the opposite!

haveacupoftea Sat 11-Mar-17 00:55:10

Your blood sugars are probably through the roof if you're eating as much as you allude to. Do you get tired yourseld after eating?

Toobloodytired Sat 11-Mar-17 01:01:49

I'm currently eating myself stupid to the point I actually feel like I'm going to die.

I've struggled with my weight for years, I'm nearing the end of my pregnancy & im bored, hormonal & lonely! I just eat to temporarily make myself feel better.

haveacupoftea Sat 11-Mar-17 01:07:40

We all have our vices. Have you been tested for GD? Its just I have GD and i get very sluggish after a carb heavy meal when my blood sugars are too high and baby would slow down a bit then too. He's most active when my levels are well controlled.

Toobloodytired Sat 11-Mar-17 01:12:56

I was tested at 28 weeks, absolutely fine no issues.

The only thing I wonder about is the fact I've suddenly started getting really thirsty to the point I'm drinking pint after pint.

Up until 3 days ago, I was just about managing 200mls a day

Searchforme Sat 11-Mar-17 05:29:14

Gosh OP sounds like gd. I had the same in my first pregnancy and it was diabetes. Can you ask for a test? Am sure it's nothing and baby is just enjoying the yummy delights!

haveacupoftea Sat 11-Mar-17 10:23:33

Yeah I think maybe ring your midwife. A voracious appetite and thirst does point to diabetes so worth getting checked just in case

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now