Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Horrible dreams whilst pregnant :(

(4 Posts)
nurseryrhymes1 Fri 10-Mar-17 20:04:23

The last few weeks, I've been having horrible dreams about my baby, absolutely horrible, I wake up crying and shaking. Horrible things like stillbirth etc (that's a tamer version). It makes me feel like a horrible person that my mind wanders off to these places, but I can't control my dreams. I'm scared to sleep because I don't want to have these sort of dreams, they're scary and horrible. Am I the only one who has this? It makes me worry f she's okay inside me, or if she's not okay etc (32 weeks pregnant) and then if I don't feel her I panic etc. Is this normal?sad

Looneytune253 Fri 10-Mar-17 20:16:25

Only time in my life i have ever suffered from nightmares was when pregnant. Full on bawling when i woke up because my beloved dad was trying to kill me.

Jellybabie3 Fri 10-Mar-17 20:21:29

I am only 12 weeks (tomorrow) and i have had bad dreams for weeks. Not necessarily just about the baby, but scary/hurtful ones (family hurt, partner cheating etc etc). Sometimes i have two or more in one night. Its horrid. You have my full sympathy flowers

Jenwen22 Sun 12-Mar-17 12:17:39

I was the same when I first fell pregnant. At first I'd dream I'd miscarriage, maybe a couple of times a week, then it led to dreams about stillbirth during my second trimester. Early third trimester I had nightmares that doctors were telling me to abort the baby because I was worried if I'd be a good mam (obviously couldnt happen at 30 weeks). Now that I'm approaching my due date I'm dreaming about giving birth to him and finally meeting him. I think because pregnancy is such an emotional time and having a baby is such a lifechanging thing, your so emotionally charged that your subconcious goes into overdrive when your asleep hence the dreams. A lot of it for me was worries I had but didn't vocalise, and I found when I started talking about my worries with others and got reassurance from my hospital appts that he is healthy and perfect, that they helped the bad dreams stop. I know theyre scary but try not to worry, its just your biggest fears xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now