Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Someone please help - complications and doctors fobbing me off

(7 Posts)
harleysmammy Fri 10-Mar-17 18:14:48

I bled from 8 weeks until 16 weeks. From then until 23 weeks there was no problem, at 23 weeks i had a gush of water that they thought was fluid but the test was negative and my cervix was closed. From then until last week at 31 weeks, i've been in mau more than 15 times, mostly because of low movements, they bleeding and last night i was in (32 weeks) because i had this massive gush of fluid that soaked my leggings. I have polyhydramnios so the made me go in for an internal, the test came back negative and my cervix was closed but i had a lot of creamy discharge (sorry). Since last night i've changed my knickers 5 times because they're just soaked, and just now i've had a gush again. Not as big as last night but still a noticeable gush. Can the test be wrong and can it be fluid without my cervix being opened?? Because this is not discharge like im used too, its clear and smells horrible.

I was also told 2 weeks ago that my baby was measuring 7 lb and at 39 weeks. My dates arent wrong, his head and legs are the average size but his stomach is 39 weeks. I've been told by every midwife that i need to see a consultant because i havent got gd so they dont know whats causing the fluid or massive baby. I havent heard anything from anyone for 2 weeks and every time i ask anyone to just tell me whats going on they just fob me off and tell me to wait for the appointment i should have had a week and a half ago.

Obviously with a big baby and polyhydramnios theres a massive risk of pre term labour. So can it be fluid with a closed cervix and negative test? And also what will they do if this keeps happening?

purpleviolet1 Fri 10-Mar-17 20:28:22

Hi, sorry to hear of your stressful pregnancy. It does sound like you have gestational diabetes, as bigger babies and excess fluid is very common for those who do. Have you had the diabetes test repeated? Was it the fasting test or the test where you drink a horrible lucozade like liquid and test after 2 hours?

No experience on waters leaking if cervix is closed , sorry. Didn't want to read and run!

I would keep pushing / phoning the maternity unit everyday to chase up the appt. it's obviously got lose somewhere. Perhaps your GP can help?

HopelesslydevotedtoGu Fri 10-Mar-17 20:49:40

Hi, my waters broke when my cervix was closed. If you think your waters have broken I would go back to the day assessment unit (or whatever it is called in your hospital). I would take the wet knickers to show how much fluid you are leaking. Put a sanitary pad in now and see how long it takes to fill and what colour.

I think the test to see if it is your waters is very accurate - but no test is 100%, and of course sometimes errors are made when the person performs the test. So as the leaking fluid is continuing I would go back.

With the appointment, I would ask the admin/ reception staff to check on the computer system to see if booked. If not speak to your midwife and explain not booked. Your GP doesn't have anything to do with hospital appointments.

purpleviolet1 Fri 10-Mar-17 21:29:27

Depends where you are in the country I guess, in Scotland they could urgently refer you to a consultant ...

Mummyme87 Fri 10-Mar-17 23:08:33

Amnisure have a fair number of false neg and pos results, however if they are persistently negative I suspect it's not your waters.

JessieMillz25 Sat 11-Mar-17 11:35:13

The 15 visits to the MAU seems concerning. How have the turned out? Surely that's reason for them to get someone else involved?

verytiredmummy1 Sat 11-Mar-17 11:40:39

My waters leaked and my cervix was closed. It was a hind water leak. Ring the hospital X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now