We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How do you know??? (tmi)

(9 Posts)
JJ1612 Fri 10-Mar-17 16:13:23

Bit of an odd question but how would you know if you started leaking fluid? I'm 32 weeks +5 and for the past few days I feel constantly wet. I've had to start wearing pads. When I go to the loo I seem to have quite a bit of milky coloured watery discharge but the pads are stained a yellowish colour? It doesn't really smell or anything, which I would expect it would if it was urine. I know you can get an increase in discharge when you're in your third trimester but just wondered how you know what normal discharge is?

troodiedoo Fri 10-Mar-17 16:15:09

That sounds like normal discharge to me but a trip to midwife or gp would put your mind at rest.

JJ1612 Fri 10-Mar-17 16:31:02

This is the colour that's on the pad. Is it normal? Sorry again for the TMI pic just want to be sure

troodiedoo Fri 10-Mar-17 16:54:03

If there is no smell and you're not in any discomfort it's probably fine, but best be on safe side and see midwife to put your mind at rest.

FeelingForSnow Fri 10-Mar-17 20:27:27

Im not a dr or a mw and really do not want to scare you but to me it looks like there are some traces of blood. I hope im wrong and its just a picture but this is what I would normally have in the very last day of my period.
I would definitely talk to mf as soon as really.

Hope it will be OK

xxx

JJ1612 Fri 10-Mar-17 21:07:55

I know baby is fine because she's constantly on the move and I have two weekly check ups now. Was just worried it could be fluid I'm leaking rather than normal discharge. I have mw appointment Monday so will mention it to her

queencrunch Fri 10-Mar-17 21:09:59

Please message/call your midwife. That needs to be checked.

JJ1612 Fri 10-Mar-17 21:28:20

I think maybe it's just the pic because on the actual pad it doesn't look like there are any traces of blood. I will try and get hold of her over the weekend

haveacupoftea Sat 11-Mar-17 00:58:39

I'd be ringing the FAU tomorrow with that just to be on safe side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now