Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone newly pregnant after fertility treatment?

(6 Posts)
THirdEeye Fri 10-Mar-17 12:13:20

Hi,

I've been reading this board since getting a positive test after our fertility treatment. I'm a little nervous at posting...I've decided to wait for my scan until l tell the GP.

According to the calculator, I'm five weeks....However, what is confusing me is that I know when I'm only really three weeks (which one is right)?

I'm very nervous but trying to keep calm.

So far symptom wise, I have painful breasts, tingly nipples, sharp quite painful pains in the ovaries, lower back pain, indigestion/heartburn at night and more tired than normal.

I have the odd strong sense of smell and I'm not feeling nauseous.

Bear2014 Fri 10-Mar-17 12:27:22

Hello! I'm currently on my second IVF pregnancy. there is a pregnancy after infertility thread on here somewhere.

You will be 5 weeks - if you were 3 weeks it would be too early to get a positive test. 4 weeks would be the day of your missed period, if you were naturally conceiving.

Good luck with your early scan!

THirdEeye Fri 10-Mar-17 12:44:46

Hi bear

Then I must be further than I thought.

The date the clinic asked me to test I had a very strong positive!

I'll hop over to the other thread now

X

SuperUnicorn Fri 10-Mar-17 12:48:34

Congratulations smile Hope your scan goes well. I'm 32 weeks now with our treatment baby.

drinkyourmilk Fri 10-Mar-17 13:53:05

Congratulations! Wishing you a smooth pregnancy. I'm currently 36+6 with our ivf miracle.

Blueroses99 Fri 10-Mar-17 15:34:42

Yes come and join us on Pregnancy After Infertility! Congratulations!

A pregnancy is normally dated from date of last period which is usually 2 weeks before conception. Therefore an IVF pregnancy also gets 2 weeks added on. It's confusing but if you use 5 weeks to calculate going forwards, the dates will start to make sense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now