Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anterior placenta

(5 Posts)
Littlejayx Fri 10-Mar-17 11:42:37

Hi All,

I have been told by my midwife I have a Anterior placenta , I know this has no medical effect, I'm just wondering when you could feel frequent strong movements?

I am at 22 weeks and feel alot of movement in the 6am-10am time, but not always regular, this is my first and I have first time baby anxiety!

StillaChocoholic Fri 10-Mar-17 12:05:47

I'm 36 weeks and have an anterior placenta. I've felt strong movements since at least 24 weeks and can't say there is much difference to how it was with my first whose placenta was posterior. It just took a little bit longer to feel the strong movements.

Johno85 Sat 11-Mar-17 06:48:09

Panic not Hun. First time for me too and I have a high and anterior placenta. Started feeling lots of trampolining from about 20-21 week and I'm now 23 weeks. Saw the midwife this week and she said that the regular routine won't kick in for a couple more weeks at least x

user1487671808 Sat 11-Mar-17 07:49:07

My third was anterior and in comparison to the others I felt very little and never had that definable hand or foot sticking out of my bump. Mind you she made up for it in the last few weeks jumping up and down on my cervix and it often felt like there might be a foot sticking out down below!

drinkyourmilk Sat 11-Mar-17 08:49:29

I have a high anterior placenta. From around 21 weeks I feel definate movement low in my pelvis and to the left of my tummy. I'm convinced I felt fluttering beforehand though. From my third trimester- so around 28 weeks -it's been proper can't-sleep-through-it swishing, turning and kicking. I was very nervous about lack of movement compared to others who are the same gestation as me, but my midwife has always pointed out that movements should only be measured by what is normal for your baby.
I'm at the end now (37 weeks) and movements have become more gentle again- but not less frequent. Midwife said it's because baby is now fully engaged and the placenta is buffering a bit. Any change in your baby's normal pattern of movements need to be checked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now