Talk

Advanced search

I don't have a sofa!

(7 Posts)
JessieMillz25 Fri 10-Mar-17 10:53:38

I recently moved into my first house, though I ordered my sofas from next 6 weeks ago they still have no estimated delivery date. I'm a little worried what the midwife and health visitor will think when they visit in two weeks if the sofa still hasn't arrived by then! I feel bad that they will be sat on garden furniture!
I am also struggling with severe back pain and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for any temporary seating that might help until the sofas arrive 🙈

Dontactlikeyouknowme Fri 10-Mar-17 10:56:07

Could you get a freebie sofa from gumtree and then put it back on there when yours arrives?

Bluntness100 Fri 10-Mar-17 10:57:28

I would not be concerned, just tell them one is ordered.

If you don't have any other seating, then sitting up on the bed may work.,,

RedCrab Fri 10-Mar-17 10:58:55

We don't have sofas deliberately (furniture free living for increased mobility) and the MWs came round for the homebirh check last week. They just laughed and said they were happy to sit on the floor, and that they were used to kneeling anyway smile

Could you get some cheap floor / big cushions from Ikea and prop yourself up against a wall? Or get a yoga ball to drape yourself over or bounce on? How many weeks are you? I'm 37 weeks and it hasn't been an issue but I'm used to not sitting in chairs!

wishcarry Fri 10-Mar-17 11:10:37

I agree with getting a free sofa from gumtree or freecycle.

AnoiseAnnoysanOyster Fri 10-Mar-17 11:26:09

Don't worry about it, us nurses are used to sitting on floors. They aren't there to judge your furniture, unless it's really unsafe which it isn't.

SuperUnicorn Fri 10-Mar-17 12:58:15

I wouldn't worry about the lack of sofa. I had both the midwife and health visitor here the other week and we are in the middle of building work and there are materials and rubbish all over. They didn't comment.

I've just bought myself a ball as I've heard they are useful for back pain. Not blown it up yet so don't know if it will work for me but they aren't too expensive so might be worth a try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now