Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Period pains mid pregnancy

(10 Posts)
JonSnowsWhore Fri 10-Mar-17 09:02:09

Here we go, time for me to start questioning every little feeling that's out of the ordinary!

26 weeks pg, Last night I went to the toilet (wee) & had a pain go down my right side, like I was doubled over to make it back to the sofa, but I put it down to round ligament pain, muscles & whatever else shifting about from having a wee!

Since I woke up today (half 6) I've had period type pains low down, I don't really remember if I had this in my previous pregnancies so don't know if it's normal or not 🙈

I'm out at the mo so haven't got my notes & list of phone numbers with me to call & check so thought I'd get some opinions on here first!

BikeRunSki Fri 10-Mar-17 09:03:29

Braxton Hicks contractions?

JonSnowsWhore Fri 10-Mar-17 09:08:41

No I've been having them since 20 weeks pregnant & they're definitely more of the tightenings of a normal contraction rather than the constant 'soreness' of a period pain if that makes sense? Had one this morning actually & could tell the difference between the 2 smile

JonSnowsWhore Fri 10-Mar-17 14:17:46

Bump

Have some pain on the right side of my back now. Wee infection??

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Fri 10-Mar-17 14:18:49

Would def get checked out with the mw today to be safe. .

3luckystars Fri 10-Mar-17 14:19:09

See a doctor about it would be my advice. Good luck x

JonSnowsWhore Fri 10-Mar-17 14:22:06

I have a Drs appointment booked for 9am tomorrow morning for something else, that's why I'm a bit hesitant to go rushing out to get checked when I may just be able to mention it to them then 😕 god I hate it when you start worrying about stuff

JonSnowsWhore Fri 10-Mar-17 15:58:14

Well called triage, the woman was having another conversation while I was trying to explain situation, then when I said do you think it could wait til Drs appointment or do I need to be seen she offered no advice & just said 'if you're concerned come into triage' and that was that. So I'll just wait til my Drs appointment tomorrow, I cannot stand that hospital

3luckystars Fri 10-Mar-17 15:59:01

I don't know why you are hesitant. That is what they are there for. Good luck.

JonSnowsWhore Fri 10-Mar-17 16:18:21

Because I have 2 children here so if they'd said to me I needed to go in then I'd have to drive them 45 mins away to my mums then come back this way to go to the hospital. If they'd said it didn't sound like anything worrying to them then all good I could just wait to mention it to my dr tomorrow morning as it may just be a wee infection. Had they said it sounded like I needed to go in then I would have

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now