Talk

Advanced search

Gutted ... started red bleeding

(40 Posts)
DuRezidal Thu 09-Mar-17 21:46:14

I am absolutely gutted. I am 4 weeks and just gone to the bathroom and on wiping had red blood, then a few drops in the toilet and then on a second wipe.

It looks like I am miscarrying and just feel completely overwhelmed at the moment.

It seems to have stopped for now but no doubt will come back again very soon.

Not sure why I am posting, I guess just needed to put it in black and white.

ToffeeForEveryone Thu 09-Mar-17 21:47:11

flowers so sorry OP.

littlepinkgiraffe Thu 09-Mar-17 21:51:31

flowerscake

angelicjen Thu 09-Mar-17 21:57:32

Really sorry you're going through this, it's horrible. Look after yourself.

jld128 Thu 09-Mar-17 21:58:31

so sorry xxxx

it doesn't always mean bad news though, any clots? or cramps?

Wolfiefan Thu 09-Mar-17 22:00:26

Four weeks since your last period?

DuRezidal Thu 09-Mar-17 22:38:23

Yes.

iamapixiebutnotaniceone Thu 09-Mar-17 22:42:34

This has happened to me in two pregnancies and everything was fine, in the second one I had a huge panic attack due to fear and ended up in A&E where they did a blood test to check hormone levels and examined my stomach for any cramping/hardening. They arranged an early scan for the following day.

Coverup890 Thu 09-Mar-17 22:44:53

This happened to me too with all of mine. The last I had period like bleeding for the first 3 months so didn't know I was pregnant. So there's always a chance things could be fine flowers

RPC3110 Thu 09-Mar-17 22:50:38

When I was pregnant with my DS I bled lightly at somewhere around 6-8weeks. I hadn't had an implantation bleeding before 6 weeks so I just assumed that's what it was and after a few days it went away and now I have a healthy four month old. I know it's difficult but try to relax and not worry, it could just be an implantation bleed.

Wolfiefan Thu 09-Mar-17 22:55:35

Sorry I'm just being stupid. 4 weeks pg means 4 weeks from your last period. For me that wouldn't be a mc as it wouldn't be a late period. What's your cycle like? Have you had a positive test?

DuRezidal Thu 09-Mar-17 23:12:30

Yes had positive tests.

DuRezidal Thu 09-Mar-17 23:12:42

Since Sunday

calistaraines Thu 09-Mar-17 23:22:25

Is that not a chemical pregnancy rather than a miscarriage??

TiltedNewt Thu 09-Mar-17 23:24:59

Does it matter? Stop being horrible.

flowers DuRezidal

user1487671808 Fri 10-Mar-17 07:40:21

This happened to me throughout my third pregnancy but she's nearly seven now! There was never an explanation but I'd go to the maternity unit and get monitored and occasionally admitted for a day or two. Give them a call and see what they suggest. Fingers crossed it's not a miscarriage. If it's really early days it may be an implant bleed. I had this twice too.

Blueskyrain Fri 10-Mar-17 08:47:35

calistaraines, a chemical pregnancy is just one name for an early miscarriage. Ifs wording which makes some women feel better, but it doesn't make it any less a miscarriage.

Look after yourself OP x

DuRezidal Fri 10-Mar-17 14:19:02

Thank you everyone.

I went to the EPU today and they took bloods and gave me an internal (which didn't really show anything). The bloods came back with HCG at 357 which they seemed to think was low for just coming up to 4 weeks pregnant.

I have to go back on Sunday for another set of bloods which I am not looking forwards to. It's going to be a long weekend waiting.

I did a test this afternoon when I came back and still showing as positive but I think that can happen for a few days after miscarriage?

DuRezidal Fri 10-Mar-17 15:50:57

Thank you... I did bleed in my previous pregnancy but don't remember it being the same and I was 6 weeks at that point.

DuRezidal Sat 11-Mar-17 07:40:27

The spotting/bleeding has reduced to barely anything at the moment but I am still very cautious. I have second lot of bloods tomorrow morning at 10am.

I took a test when I got back at 12 yesterday and then one this morning (not FMU) and this is the result. At least it's not getting lighter which was my worry although not sure how quickly your HCG drops.

(Bottom one today)

googietheegg Sat 11-Mar-17 07:47:33

Sending you happy thoughts for today. It's such a hard time. It happened to me in two pregnancies and one was lost at 10 weeks and one is my 18month old ds. It's so incredibly stressful, every wee is an emotional occasion.

WaitrosePigeon Sat 11-Mar-17 07:49:29

Thinking of you. Fingers crossed everything is still okay flowers

RaeSkywalker Sat 11-Mar-17 07:53:37

Thinking of you flowers

RedCrab Sat 11-Mar-17 08:02:16

Thinking of you flowers

The stronger line this morning is promising. When I had an early MC, I had a bleed but my tests were getting fainter and fainter, not stronger. Hoping this is a positive sign for you, OP.

haveacupoftea Sat 11-Mar-17 10:41:03

357 sounds alright going by the online charts. Hope you're still pregnant OP !-i'm sure the wait is killing you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now