Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Period 7 days late

(48 Posts)
emmajanewilde Thu 09-Mar-17 21:28:21

I just wanna tell someone about this, my period is seven days late today and been ttc for 2 years, I'm planning on taking a test Saturday when I will be 9 days late as it is mine and my partners day off together and we would like to do this together, I'm terrified, my period has been 2 days late before at the most and I've done a test then come on straight after, anyone else gone this long without testing

beaches1 Thu 09-Mar-17 22:59:38

Sounds really promising - best of luck and keep us posted smileflowers

calimommy Fri 10-Mar-17 03:14:16

I never made it that long without testing! I'm an early tester! So I usually find out about 5 days before I'm due. I recommend using a First Response. And use the line one, not digitals. They have never failed me!! This is my 5th pregnancy but 3rd baby. Good luck xxx

emmajanewilde Fri 10-Mar-17 10:33:00

🤞🏻🤞🏻 still no sign as of yet, gunna test tomorrow so will let you know xx

Elland Fri 10-Mar-17 11:51:52

I don't know how you're managing to wait! I really hope it's a positive for you. Do you have any symptoms/signs?

emmajanewilde Fri 10-Mar-17 14:32:37

What made me think I was before I was due was I had a funny turn at work, my eyes went all funny and I couldn't see proper, lucky I work in a hospital so nurses did my bp and that was fine then someone said to me your not pregnant are you? But I just put it to the back of my mind, sore boobs but I get that anyway before I come on and I'm peeing more lately but that's it, I'm dying to test but wanna do it it with my partner and don't think I could bear it if it was a bfn xx

Elland Fri 10-Mar-17 14:47:43

Do you feel like you're not going to come on your period? That was the biggest thing that I noticed, no period signs at all and I had sore boobs but I didn't normally get that. I would normally get achey period pains but I had nothing!

Check your boobs for big obvious veins aswell, the night before I tested I was getting in the shower and I noticed a really dark long vein down one of my boobs that wasn't normally there!

emmajanewilde Fri 10-Mar-17 14:57:44

I've checked for veins, I don't have the biggest of boobs 😂 they don't look bigger they just feel fuller if you know what I mean and this may be tmi but normally if I'm like a day late then sex brings it on and it hasn't done, I don't feel like I'm gunna come on but don't wanna get hope ups xx

emmajanewilde Fri 10-Mar-17 17:43:08

And the odd stomach cramp but other than that nothing xxx

MrsGB2225 Fri 10-Mar-17 17:47:15

Good luck, fingers crossed for you xxx

emmajanewilde Fri 10-Mar-17 17:51:08

Thank you 😀

user1471496670 Fri 10-Mar-17 18:11:25

Good luck, keeping everything crossed for you xx

bingandabong Fri 10-Mar-17 18:37:08

Good luck OP flowers shamelessly place marking grinexciting and fingers crossed

bingandabong Fri 10-Mar-17 18:40:16

Also meant to add I was just over 2 years TTC,and had the same sore boobs and kept feeling a bit icky like I was going to come on my period,
I was 4 days late and was scared to test, as when I had tested in the past being only 2 days late and got a BFN I would normally come on that afternoon so was enjoying having the hope, anyway my DS is now 2

emmajanewilde Fri 10-Mar-17 18:41:55

That's exactly how I feel, if I don't do the test then it won't be negative, I've bought one this afternoon so shall soon know, and thank you x

Anotherminime Fri 10-Mar-17 19:20:05

It does sound pretty promising, fingers crossed for good news tomorrow when you test.

CreativeNamePending Fri 10-Mar-17 19:24:01

I'm 9 days past missed period now and boobs have started hurting a lot today, tested 3 and 4 days after missed period and got bfn then 6 and 7 days after and got fairly faint bfps so worth waiting I think if you've got the willpower!

emmajanewilde Fri 10-Mar-17 19:46:31

I have no willpower, the only thing that's stopped me from testing is I start work at 7 till 7:30 so work takes my mind of it, xx

Elland Sat 11-Mar-17 04:42:19

Good luck for this morning! flowers

MrsMontgomerySmythe Sat 11-Mar-17 05:43:51

It does sound like you really may be pregnant (congrats) - hopefully you will soon have a confirmation of that.

PollytheDolly Sat 11-Mar-17 05:45:23

Good luck x

babysurprise14 Sat 11-Mar-17 08:14:41

Good Luck!x

Afreshstartplease Sat 11-Mar-17 08:15:54

Any news op

emmajanewilde Sat 11-Mar-17 10:47:47

I've just had done fmu in a urine pot, I'm gunna have a brew coz Ive got butterflies like crazy and then do the test, I'll keep you updated xx

emmajanewilde Sat 11-Mar-17 10:51:44

I work 12 and half hour shifts so I'm never up early when I've got a weekend off 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now