Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Haemorrhage found on scan???

(7 Posts)
Corrinax Thu 09-Mar-17 20:00:26

So i decided today i couldnt wait any longer and gave in to an early scan at just over 8 weeks i have good and bad news and still worrying lol

They found twins in seperate sacs however 1 hasnt made it and stopped at 7 weeks and the other is just fine meassuring 8+3 with a heartbeat etc but also said there is an area of haemorrhage adjacent to the sacs now im so worried about the other baby what happens to him and the bleeding is this gonna be bad news for both babies??? sad

Lunalovepud Thu 09-Mar-17 22:01:39

I'm sorry about your twin OP. flowers

I had a haemorrhage on my 8 week scan with this pregnancy and by 12 weeks it was gone - absorbed. The sonographer told me it was likely an implantation bleed and not to worry. Do you have a midwife yet? Or could you go to the EPU? they should be able to scan an reassure you.

Good luck with everything.

flymo79 Thu 09-Mar-17 22:05:42

Yes, see if you can go to epu and discuss. I had / have a bleed and have been on daily progesterone tablets and jabs fortnightly. I'm abroad so having private care. The U.K. Policy might be different but I'm sure there are interventions

flymo79 Thu 09-Mar-17 22:06:14

And very sorry to read about the twin xxxxx

Corrinax Thu 09-Mar-17 23:20:13

Thank u i had a mmc last aug n now this is a bit of a shock but i am keeping my hopes up for twin 1

Good idea i will call the hospital i the morning and see what they think as i see my midwife last week but dont think shes going to be easy to get hold of, im aure they will wnt to c me for a scan to double check things so i am hoping it will absorb she didnt mention about the bleeding absorbing but said that twin 2 would n shouldnt be a problem xxx

Lunalovepud Fri 10-Mar-17 06:21:52

They told me that it would either absorb (it did) or I might see some brown blood and not to worry if I did but just get it checked. Good luck.

KatnissMellark Fri 10-Mar-17 07:11:26

I suffered co-twin demise in this pregnancy and am now 38+2 with the surviving baby and being induced today, so things can work out. Good luck flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now