Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Noah pods

(5 Posts)
babynelly2010 Thu 09-Mar-17 10:35:25

Hi anyone got one from clair de lune?
Are they really superior than just wicker basket and worth the extra money?
I got used palm type basket from my friend, it was it a mothercare one. It is 6 years old and it litterly fell apart in my hands. The problem I just ordered a stand for it so now I got a stand and no basket.
Looks like we got palm, wicker and wicker noah pod.
I can get palm one I like for £29 wicker £39 and looks like £62 for pod on sale. I need one that baby is more likely to like. Any advise, is it worth spending £62 for basket to use for 6 months.

GemSingleton Thu 09-Mar-17 11:43:36

My MIL brought us a Peter Rabbit Moses basket from Mothercare. You may have seen them if you've been in recently. It's absolutely stunning! It's proper wicker and did us really well. It wasn't flimsy like some that you see. However it's worth mentioning that we did have to exchange it for another after a few weeks as it wouldn't sit properly on our stand as some of the whicker was a bit loose. I've not heard of Noah pods but I think the whicker ones are worth paying a bit extra for. Check it on the stand before you buy it if you can though. Though our Peter Rabbit one was gorgeous it was larger than most and some stands were too small for it and didn't fit x

calimommy Fri 10-Mar-17 03:35:43

If it were up to me I would set all Moses baskets on fire. I had a beautiful reed woven basket for DS1, hated the bastard thing. It was beautiful but it squeaked and made a huge racket every time he so much as moved his head. I ended up using the pram top of my buggy on the stand instead. The first baby it was a bugaboo pram top, then second baby I used an uppababy vista pram top. (I needed a double so sold the bugaboo for the vista). So cosy!! I think it's a much better idea to use the pram top anyway because they get used to sleeping in it when you are out and about and then it's natural to sleep in it at night. But that's just me.

LevantineHummus Fri 10-Mar-17 07:13:19

Agree about pram top and baby getting used to it. You can more easily put them down and go out for a walk, for example (if you don't just use the opportunity that they're asleep to shower!). Moses baskets look nicer, but pram is practical!

GemSingleton Fri 10-Mar-17 10:02:18

My son also grew out of his Moses basket by 8 weeks old. And grew out of his carrycot 4 months old. We are using a crib at the moment next to our bed but hoping to get him into his cot bed next couple of weeks. He 5 months next week. I would use the Moses basket again for a new born but only because I have it. I wouldn't go out and buy another because they outgrow them so quick

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now